why is it when you have time you have no $$$$

skinny

ok so work has me on call baisis now (should have seen that one ) the place I was is related to fresh food processing so now harvest is over so am I more or less.

So I'm back to having time on my hands while looking for work.

here are some things I would like to do if some cash comes in and bills are paid

sell my car (this generates cash for other stuff too)

Fish is on top of list (saving fuel right now too)

replace the floors in my boat (anyone have a cad outline for a 16ft starcraft tiller I could design stuff)

fix my trolling motor (going to rebuild broken mount out of steel )

paint living room (need paint)

mess with smoke house (this will happen once I get it here from my brothers )

build dog teather line

lower my boat trailer some more (have few places it would make it easier to reload)

Just seems when the cash is around i'm working and no real time for projects and when I'm not working there is no cash flow and still tough to get the projects done.

If I was unemployed and out of money, I'd be worrying about lots more things than fixing up my boat.

But maybe that's just me.... :dunno:

I think that's quite reasonable lew - I'd be keeping the car and selling the boat too if it were me.

well the boat will be next on the list to sell along with lots of other stuff the car has been looking for new owner for some time

Oh don't you guys think for a minute I haven't been thinking about tons of stuff and trying to get all my ducks lined up.

but working on other projects around home also helps me to not completely freak out.

managed to land few yard keeping jobs in the area for the next couple of days hope the weather sort of holds out.

Edited by skinny

you can tell the guys that have never truly been out of work

the thousands in Canada who have given up looking for a jobs

guys who after interviews and calls looking for a job want to do something to keep themselves busy, so want to work on their boat, but run into a road block money.....

and how to you sell something broken and you can't afford to fix it....but you have time on your hands

I get it

well lets kick him when he's down..that will help

guys who after interviews and calls looking for a job want to do something to keep themselves busy, so want to work on their boat, but run into a road block money.....

and how to you sell something broken and you can't afford to fix it....but you have time on your hands

I get it

Atta boy Terry :thumbsup_anim: Sometimes people make me wonder..Skinny I have been there done that, err ah wait, im still doing it...DOH :wallbash: Things have a funny way of working themselves out in time. Hang in there bud

Terry you just proved again that your a first class guy , Kick a guy when hes down boys but remember we all are just a pay check or three from life in the park . Hey dudes he has a boat must of been doing ok I think he knows what it like to work hard for the things life gives you, some times life kickes you in the ass , now we take away his pride , not what Ive come to expect from here .

Edited by capt bruce

Terry you just proved again that your a first class guy , Kick a guy when hes down boys but remember we all are just a pay check or three from life in the park . Hey dudes he has a boat must of been doing ok I think he knows what it like to work hard for the things life gives you, some times life kickes you in the ass , now we take away his pride , not what Ive come to expect from here .

Your absolutely right but imho there seems to be more and more of these ridiculous posts lately and in all honesty it`s getting a little boring!

Sorry if my honesty offends!

I get it

It's not kicking him when he's down but it's not sugar-coating it either. Selling your car when you're out of work to make ends meet makes sense but getting to job interviews and even the odd jobs Skinny has found will be much easier with a car than a boat.

You're right, I'm fortunate enough to have never been out of work but if I were I can guarantee it'd be my toys that would be going first not my only means of transport.

It's not kicking him when he's down but it's not sugar-coating it either. Selling your car when you're out of work to make ends meet makes sense but getting to job interviews and even the odd jobs Skinny has found will be much easier with a car than a boat.

You're right, I'm fortunate enough to have never been out of work but if I were I can guarantee it'd be my toys that would be going first not my only means of transport.

You also don't know any details. It is not his daily driver that he is selling!

Your absolutely right but imho there seems to be more and more of these ridiculous posts lately and in all honesty it`s getting a little boring!

Sorry if my honesty offends!

Honesty is saying what we know or suspect to be real, even when we don’t like the consequences. It is also much more.

Because most deception is actually self deception, true honesty requires that we recognize our natural human penchant for fooling ourselves. In particular, honesty requires that we guard against self-serving biases: our tendency to seek confirmation for what we already believe while ignoring contradictory evidence; our tendency to put blame on others and take credit for ourselves; our tendency to think that what is good for us is good for the world and even to make the gods themselves in our own image.

Honesty is a lifetime process of catching ourselves in falsehood and, however reluctantly, turning away from it.

You also don't know any details. It is not his daily driver that he is selling!

You're right - it does come across that he's selling his only mode of transport. If he has two cars the he does right selling one of them.

Good luck finding a job Skinny.....

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I have never been out of work, I have been unemployed a few times and I have had to change careers a few times but I have always been able to find work of some sort even if it was only enough to pay the bills.

That you find yourself in a position where you have to sell your car and boat to make ends meet I find truly sad, I wish you lived over here, I have so much work available that I couldn't possibly handle it all and I'm supposed to be retired LOL.

If you ever think about relocating, think Lindsay and give me a shout good fishing, and plenty of work if you are willing to do it.

Good luck in your job search, hang in there, something will come up!

Edited by Big Cliff

Just seems when the cash is around i'm working and no real time for projects and when I'm not working there is no cash flow and still tough to get the projects done.

We can easily express this in the form of a very popular mathematical equation where:

Time = Money (or Time is Money)

If we however bring money over to the left side of the equation with time, we get

Time – Money = 0

0 represents the benefit of having free time and negative money (or bills to pay). In this case, there isn't

It’s impossible to get free time & money working harmoniously together unless you factor in additional functions such as: Vegas, lottery, possibly sketchy occupations involving highly illegal activities :whistling:

Best of luck Skinny...Hang in there and do what you gotta do :good:

You're right - it does come across that he's selling his only mode of transport. If he has two cars the he does right selling one of them.

Good luck finding a job Skinny.....

Man you speak so much clearer with the foot out of your mouth . no hard feeling dude but you know walk a mile in his shoes .

Honesty is saying what we know or suspect to be real, even when we don’t like the consequences. It is also much more.

Because most deception is actually self deception, true honesty requires that we recognize our natural human penchant for fooling ourselves. In particular, honesty requires that we guard against self-serving biases: our tendency to seek confirmation for what we already believe while ignoring contradictory evidence; our tendency to put blame on others and take credit for ourselves; our tendency to think that what is good for us is good for the world and even to make the gods themselves in our own image.

Honesty is a lifetime process of catching ourselves in falsehood and, however reluctantly, turning away from it.

O` Captain my Captain that is heavy man!!! :lol: