Epic Steelhead report!!!

lookinforwalleye

Arrived late,

Caught no fish

Fell in the river face first!!! :w00t:

All kidding aside all of the above is true but I still had a great time met a great bunch of new friends from the Nottawasaga Steelheaders organization!

It was painfully obvious that equippment and knowledge wise I was way over my head with this type of fishing but even after the soaking I toughed it out! :canadian:

I am already arranging more trips to the river I can see this type of fishing becoming very addictive!

Note to self purchase water wings before next trip!!! :lol:

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Arrived late,

Caught no fish

All kidding aside all of the above is true but I still had a great time met a great bunch of new friends from the Nottawasaga Steelheaders organization!

It was painfully obvious that I was way both equippment and knowledge wise over my head with this type of fishing but even after the soaking I toughed it out! :canadian:

I am already arranging more trips to the river I can see this type of fishing becoming very addictive!

Note to selve purchase water wings before next trip!!! :lol:

The Nottawasaga Steelheaders are a great organization and a awesome group of guys who are willing to help out newbies. Its a great way to start if you're getting into steelheading and they do alot of awesome river work. Sorry to hear about your unlucky experience, it happens! I found the Nottawasaga a tough river to fish but once you figure it out, it can be very addicting....

Arrived late,

Caught no fish

It was painfully obvious that I was way both equippment and knowledge wise over my head with this type of fishing but even after the soaking I toughed it out! :canadian:

Note to selve purchase water wings before next trip!!! :lol:

What no pics ? :D

thats your initiation to addiction....good on ya for toughing it out....i would be lying if i said it never happened to me before...my funniest was when i slipped into one of the gourges at Ben Miller and my waders filled up with my feet hanging over the falls .....just before i went over a gentlemen slammed his salmon net over my head and saved me....then he said with his broken english " i dunt knew if i shud keeeep you.......or pooot you back" :jerry:

thats your initiation to addiction....good on ya for toughing it out....i would be lying if i said it never happened to me before...my funniest was when i slipped into one of the gourges at Ben Miller and my waders filled up with my feet hanging over the falls .....just before i went over a gentlemen slammed his salmon net over my head and saved me....then he said with his broken english " i dunt knew if i shud keeeep you.......or pooot you back" :jerry:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Thats friggen hilarious!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Lookinforwalleye - wow! A memorable first outing for sure!!! I was steelheading alone once...was making my way through some frog water when I hit a bunch of logs and branches in the water. I was trying to get around the obstacle...one foot forward...test the water. I was in maybe 2 feet of water...took a test step...felt good and the branch breaks...water up and over my chest waders! Lol. Glad to hear you still had a great time out there!!! Will be even better when you hook your first...you will be hooked on it for sure!

Twocoda - that was hilarious!!! A little scary at the time I'm sure, but glad to hear you were netted before going over the falls!

Did you fish with either of the Chris W's or with Fred? Good guys whose knowledge of that system is fantastic.

There was a Chris there. An older gentlemen very nice guy, I actually met him earlier in the year when my buddy had him up to his trailer for a little bass fishing.

Met about a dozen guys from the organization and they take their steelheading pretty serious but they were also very willing to help out a newbie which is great, I already have a couple of offers to fish with them again. I just wish I had more time this fall.

Anybody wanna buy a bass boat! :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...