I Did It !!! I knew it would happen someday...

mercman

I have asked my neighbor at least 5 times this summer, if he wanted to come fishing with me, but he always found a reason not to go.He has never fished in his life, but whenever i brought fish home, he always came over to see them. I asked him again yesterday, when i came back from fishing with the wife, and was surprised when he answered YES.

We left the house at noon, and were on the water by 12.25pm.He has never been in a boat either, so when i pulled away from the dock and got on plane, he was grinning ear to ear.10 mins later we were on a spot that has produced for me this summer, and i got him set up with worm and inline spinners i made last nite for the occassion. He only caught 3 small perch, but you tell me by the look on his face if he enjoyed itclapping.gif

HPIM1859.jpg

We fished for 4 hours altogether and i really wish i could have gotten him a Bass or Walleye, but maybe next time.

I caught 2 pike, one of which had huge teeth marks on each side if its bodyblink.gif Now i know for sure there are Musky in there also. I also caught a very nice small mouth.It jumped at least 4 times before i got it into the boat, and i thought Serge, my neighbour, was going to flip out.He kept saying how his adrenaline was pumpingrofl2.gif His eyes were wide open and so was his mouthw00t.gif

HPIM1860.jpg

HPIM1862.jpg

I have to admit, i had a really good time introducing him to fishing.He said''Now i know why you guys go fishing so often. It's awesome being on the water, and a rush catching fish''

He also asked if he could come with me again real soonthumbsup_anim.gif

Ahhhh......another one bites the dust.............rofl2.gif

Tite Lines everyone !!!

Paul

That's great Paul. :thumbsup_anim:

I just have to mention though that your $150.00 life jacket isn't going to do you much good if it's not buckled up. I bought the same one recently, and I found that it took a little getting used to, but after a few days I didn't even know that it was there. Buckle up my friend. You never know what might happen out there.

That's great Paul. thumbsup_anim.gif

I just have to mention though that your $150.00 life jacket isn't going to do you much good if it's not buckled up. I bought the same one recently, and I found that it took a little getting used to, but after a few days I didn't even know that it was there. Buckle up my friend. You never know what might happen out there.

Good advice, thanks Dangood.gif . I find when its buckled, the back of the collar scratches the heck outta my neck. I may try re folding it before i go out next time.

Good advice, thanks Dangood.gif . I find when its buckled, the back of the collar scratches the heck outta my neck. I may try re folding it before i go out next time.

Agreed Paul. It can be a little rough on the neck. But it's better than the alternative.

Next time I see a report from you I want to see it buckled up, or I'll delete it! Deal?? :tease:

Awesome report, I love getting someone into the sport. I had this young man on my boat last weekend, it was a blast

016.jpg

We were out for about 3 hours ...... he out fished me 13 to 1 , who ever said kids have a short attention span :clapping: :clapping:

Awesome report, I love getting someone into the sport. I had this young man on my boat last weekend, it was a blast

016.jpg

We were out for about 3 hours ...... he out fished me 13 to 1 , who ever said kids have a short attention span clapping.gifclapping.gif

Really Nice !!! Good on ya.Never too old or young to learn fishing !Gonefishing.gif