What a Surprise Catch

Fish Farmer

I fished Lake O yesterday off the Hamilton canal and never moved a rod but I did catch this coming out of the ship canal, what a surprise.

sub1n.jpg

sub2r.jpg

I did hear on the VHF that a Sub was coming out of the canal, My first thought was I hope this Sub knows I'm fishing out front, down-rigger cables caught on Sub and me going for a ride :D:D

The harbor master was talking to the crew on the radio and said, who would ever think you would have to lift the bridge for a Sub :D

sub3e.jpg

Fish, they Had the USS COD here at the Cleveland lakefront for years, a WW2 submarine, I believe the one that rescued George Bush senior when he was shot down in the Pacific during the war.

I went on it for a tour of the inside as a kid, them guys were tough! I don`t know what the insides of the new ones look like, but that one seemed like a sardine can.

May 2005, the Halifax Chronicle-Herald announced that MARCOM was looking to sell Okanagan for scrap metal, along with three other Canadian Oberons laid up at CFB Halifax. MARCOM stated that the submarines were not in suitable condition to be used as museum ships and predicted that each submarine would sell for between C$50,000 and C$60,000.[1] Okanagan is to be towed to a scrapyard in Port Maitland, Ontario in 2011.