How much time do we have left ... ?

Skipper D

I few years back I was on Simcoe Dec17 or 18 perch fishing. Had to ram over an inch of ice out of the marina with my boat to fish...but we sure hammered the perch that day :thumbsup_anim: I think that late a date on Simcoe will be hard for me to beat.

Honestly once we are into December I'd rather be on the ice ice fishing then in the boat.

Thats great , perch in December ... wow , i own one of the larger snow removel companies in the north end of the city now twenty five years in the making , before it was clean snow then try to sleep which is hard to do while theres day light , now that i under stand how you guys handle the sport i'll be able clean snow then fish and no one will think am nuts , maybe i should buy an ice breaker boat adding it to the fleet and start keeping the bay open all winter .........lol

Dec 11 last year...

Every year I get out at least once in December...

Also

I find it's a good idea to run you motor for 10-20 seconds on the trailer trimmed down... This should get most of the water out...

And I run stabilizer starting in November... Every tank gets some cause you don't know wich is gunna be your last for the year...

Dec 11 last year...

Every year I get out at least once in December...

Also

I find it's a good idea to run you motor for 10-20 seconds on the trailer trimmed down... This should get most of the water out...

And I run stabilizer starting in November... Every tank gets some cause you don't know wich is gunna be your last for the year...

I'll keep all that good stuff that your saying mike in mind . I got to get you and my brother Roger conected some time..,

Hoping to keep her (the boat) out until early November, but, usually get into steelhead mode by then. Might actually try chasing a few near shore chromies with the boat this year, if the winds cooperate.

Like pretty much everyone here has stated...all depends on your comfort level. If the water isn't frozen your good to go.

Speaking of frozen, hoping to use the ice hut a few more times this year :P

Hoping to keep her (the boat) out until early November, but, usually get into steelhead mode by then. Might actually try chasing a few near shore chromies with the boat this year, if the winds cooperate.

Like pretty much everyone here has stated...all depends on your comfort level. If the water isn't frozen your good to go.

Speaking of frozen, hoping to use the ice hut a few more times this year :P

You give me the numbers off your hut and i'll make sure the ice breaker stays clear..... lol . I guess dress warm is all ya can do and see how much you can take and have some one's at home maning the stove.

you should have to brush snow off it several times and break ice at the launch at least once or twice before its over. Put bag of salt in your vehicle so when the ramp freezes over (from you launching earlier) you can get back out! For me its Dec. 15 - last day of musky fishing

put the boat away?

why?

many bodies of water allow open water boat fishing in January/February/and March.

I got it , make thru those three months then i'll have it licked ..lol.... am learning all the time since i sign on here . Glad to hear it from the die hards , maybe one day here soon i'll be known as one too . See you's out there .

Fish till the end of November for sure -- great fishing, just wear a floater suit if you have one... :clapping:

And still the diehards keep coming , i never knew so many were out at that time of year doing what i was thinking of doing . Hi fives to all of you .