Another Walleye day on the Franny

mercman

For us humans it was an incredibly beautiful day on Lake St.Francis yesterday, but it made for a tough day of fishing.Mike (Musky Mike) invited me up to experience Carp fishing for the first time. Arrive at his place by 9.15am, and after picking up a day licence, we set off to a place he had scouted and baited the day before. We could see the Carp through crystal clear waters, not a ripple, and not exactly ideal for catching them either.If we could see them, then they sure could see us.

We spent 2 or 3 hours there and i at least caught one.Small in Mikes standards, about 16 lbs, but to me,it was like holding a bucking bronco by the nose and going for a ride. Carp....engineered like no other fish!!!w00t.gif

Mike was getting a bit Antsy, and when he asked if i wanted to go get some Eyes, well....he didnt have to ask twice.Quick lunch, short drive, and

Mikes buddy Zach came along with us, and caught the biggest fish of the day. I think it was his PB, 28in fat walley, easily 8-9 lbs

HPIM1844.jpg

Was a nice sunset, and we fished till 9pm before heading in.

HPIM1839.jpg

HPIM1838.jpg

All in all, a very successful day on the water with good friends.We caught 11 really nice sized walleye, and i brough home my limit of 2-3 lb eating fish.

HPIM1847.jpg

HPIM1850.jpg

Thanks for another great day on the water and sharing your knowledge with me Mike clapping.gif

Tite lines

Paul

Edited by mercman

Thanks for the support guysthumbsup_anim.gif Ya, as was pointed out to me in the PM, I'm new to all this.But i can and do accept constructive criticism, just not blatant hurtful insults.

You will note that i edited my post. It was because i never keep track of number caught, only number kept, and i posted the wrong number caughtwhistling.gif (Angler exageration?devil.gif )rofl2.gif

You and Mike are really racking up the pickerels eh..... :)

I think you're kicking some major :asshat: here....probably MANY jealous members, including this Redneck.

Now what was your address again.... :whistling: ...need to follow you boys on the next trip out... :thumbsup_anim:

Of course knowing "where" is only 1/3 of the puzzle as seasoned vets realize...presentation is sometimes a lot more important then many realize...yesterday I gave some good minnows to 3 lost souls on Lake Erie...but I'm doubting they did all that well because I watched them and their presentation is not what is need to catch very finicky jumbo Lake Erie perch....It's quite evident that Musky Mike has fine tuned his presentation for the current conditions....NICE GOING... :thumbsup_anim:

Bob

Edited by Billy Bob

Nice walleye's Paul!!

Great report.

But why did it take 5 bottles of water and a box of kleenex to filet 1 fish? :tease:

He tried using the bottled water to keep em alive... Then when that didn't work... He needed the tissue for the tears running down his cheek...

But then he remembered how hungry he was... Then he needed the tissue for tears of joy... Lol

Great stuff guys! I was out of commission there for a couple weeks with engine problems but finally got back out there. The fish were on fire Saturday! Got a hog myself. A bit thin but long. 28.5 inches. I'll get some pics up soon. I was worried about the cold nights but looks like they woke them up!

Great stuff guys! I was out of commission there for a couple weeks with engine problems but finally got back out there. The fish were on fire Saturday! Got a hog myself. A bit thin but long. 28.5 inches. I'll get some pics up soon. I was worried about the cold nights but looks like they woke them up!

Hey Andre !! I was wonderin what happened to you.Glad you're back on the water again.

Looking forward to your reportclapping.gif

Paul