No kill zones on the upper Credit and Grand

Alfiegee

Completely hypothetically,fly fishing on the upper Credit with barbless hooks. A 20 inch speck is hooked and landed. It is bleeding profusely from the gills and attempts to revive it fail. The upper Credit is a no kill zone, what do you do. It is illegal to keep the fish, but it is also illegal to abandon a fish or allow it to spoil. Hypothetically I hid the fish and got out of there. And hypothetically ate the evidence. What is one supposed to do? I wish I could have released the hypothetical fish as it would have been a good spawner and produced lots of young ones that also would have had the potential to reach that size.

Alfie.

Hypothetically speaking it's unlikely you'd do much damage to a fish on a single point barbless fly.

But it if happens the "no keep" rule supersedes the "allow to spoil" rule.

Specks hit hard when they are hungry and you occassionally get one in the gills. I have fished specks since I was 6. 40 years to be exact. 95% of specks that are hooked in the gills will not live. My hypothetical fish was bleeding badly and could not be revived I tried. I should have hypothetically just let it float away to be turtle food?

Alfie.

Specks hit hard when they are hungry and you occassionally get one in the gills. I have fished specks since I was 6. 40 years to be exact. 95% of specks that are hooked in the gills will not live. My hypothetical fish was bleeding badly and could not be revived I tried. I should have hypothetically just let it float away to be turtle food?

Alfie.

Yes because that is the law.

And if you don't and get caught then you deserve whatever fine you get.

Edited by Musky or Specks

you must have talked to a call center in India

because they have been dealing with this for years and there is zero grey area..it is clear it is well documented.

give me the name of the person you talked to in the ministry and I will have them send you the correct answer...

you must have talked to a call center in India

because they have been dealing with this for years and there is zero grey area..it is clear it is well documented.

give me the name of the person you talked to in the ministry and I will have them send you the correct answer...

I have a cold drink somewhere,,,,,,,,,,,, :rofl2::rofl2:

Terry,you want to fish Monday?

The rule exists to prevent people from catching a fish, ripping the gills to shreds with their fingers or pliers, then using that as an excuse to take it home. Which, incidentally, people do all the time.

"It would have died anyway" won't cut it with the CO. Get caught and there will be nothing hypothetical about the charge and fine.

I'm just sayin .....

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

there definitely isn't a grey area. it's unfortunate but as long as you take every reasonable step to release the fish you've done your part and can not be charged.

CYA: put a reasonable effort into and let it go. If you keep it you will be labelled as a poacher. Same thing if it is out of the slot limit.

What on the surface seems like a contradiction is not. It is similar to catching a Muskie on a conservation license.....what happens if it dies?

If an acceptable excuse for keeping a fish was that it could not be revived there would be no stopping people:

1) keeping more than their limit

2) keeping OOS fish

3) fish out of the slot

I know that, but I'm talking about a beautiful speckled trout,hypothetically. Anyone else catch a 20 incher lately? Hypothetically?

I've caught 20 inchers, but they sure didn't hypothetically go in any frying pans.

I've seen people use the same excuse with a pile of bass on the ice next to them.

I guess if you let them take the live worm in deep on those tiny trout hooks, oh sorry I mean fly..