Need Advice

rylan

Good evening Everyone,

I wanted to ask for a little help-- i am in need of a rod/reel. I found this ad on Kijiji and was wondering if you would buy this.. and how much would you pay?

I would be buying this for trolling at night.. and you all got me excited from the thread-- Night Time walleye hunters-- please let me know- I will be heading out Friday for a nice last fish.. thank you

$20 top

X2. Buy new whenever you can unless it's a trusted source (Like an OFC (OFC?) members ad!) The Matzuo rod is probably not too bad but Ryobi reels are not super common that I've seen. That could be a problem if parts are needed.

Michael

thanxs so much for the input thus far... i know that this rod and reel is junk-- but -- this would just be a rod I can screw around with and not really care if it breaks...lol.... but would like to see if there are more of you... who can help-- so please keep it coming. I will make final choice by the end of today-- thanxs again.

Looks like a garbage combo to me. Pass it up.

Want a rod you don't care about, and will have a tough time breaking, but an Ugli stick.

CT has 70% off sales on some of their combos, you can get a decent abu garcia spinning set up for $30 that will blow that ryobi package out of the water.

Looks like a garbage combo to me. Pass it up.

Want a rod you don't care about, and will have a tough time breaking, but an Ugli stick.

CT has 70% off sales on some of their combos, you can get a decent abu garcia spinning set up for $30 that will blow that ryobi package out of the water.

X2

Ugli stick!!!!!

I was NOT impressed by BPS's selection today. Don't seem to carry many shimano spinning rods this time of year.

Went elsewhere and got a 6'6" med scimitar to replace and old old old shimano fxsomething for $20 and change.

Also picked up a 7' convergence muskie rod for $69.xx plus tax.

I've decided I shouldn't have nice things, especially rods. I am clumsy. So these rods will work for the right price.

Go buy yourself a 7' Ugly stick mh action combo...about 60 bucks at Canadian tire or Walmart...if you can break it I'll but it off you!!! Had mine for 15 years have friends who have had them for over 25!! Not sure they make a walleye that could demo it!

Crap,buy new.One that will last you a life time,then the price will be worth it.

Thats why Im buying from http://www.etackle.ca/ now.

No offense, and I normally don't mind supporting the little guy...

But my dilemma was a lack of selection of shimano spinning rods. etackle has a total of 9 rods to choose from. I will leave it at that.

I DO hope they do well and become a viable alternative for the canadian market...we are in sore need of a good mail/ web outfit.

Edited by Bosh

Bosh, Shimano will not sell to an online dealer, only a retail location (they can have a web store too but must have a retail front). Or so that is my understanding. It's a whole on-line price and buy it now thing while it's in your hands. I have made a purchase from etackle.ca too and I was/am very happy with the service, price and turnaround time. I asked for an item they don't sell, they went out and found it and got it to me at a better price then any of the 'big stores' could do too.

Back to the OP, DON'T buy that junk. It was a prize from a golf/hockey/farming toruny hence the Royobi (sp?) name on the reel. They don't make anything fishing related as far as I have ever seen.

Wait till CTC or wally-world does the clear out (give or take 2 to 3 weeks) and you will get stuff @1/2 price.

No offense, and I normally don't mind supporting the little guy...

But my dilemma was a lack of selection of shimano spinning rods. etackle has a total of 9 rods to choose from. I will leave it at that.

I DO hope they do well and become a viable alternative for the canadian market...we are in sore need of a good mail/ web outfit.

Just give them time.It will work.

Heres why I like eTackle like Geoff said.This is not the only site I use BTW,but will support a fellow member. You ask and they will find it for you.

Now,heres my point.

BPS sells float reels and rods.Cool. I ask if they sell a pouch for my reel and some float reel line. My reply,sry we dont have that. WHY THE HELL SELL SOMETHING YOU CANT BACK UP WITH EXTRAS?

It,s not like it,s just this,but others have complaints about not supplying. This is why the online companies will get my money, 90% of the time from now on.