I really hate when this happens.........

ckrb2007

I've been spending the weekends and holidays up at Jack Lake in Apsley where we have a trailer and doing lots of fishing of course. I have a favourite place to fish which is just "around the bend" from the camp that I love to fish in my canoe and have been doing so since I was 10yrs old. Needless to say, my 2 boys have fished there with me as well. My oldest is busy working so it's just me and the young lad fishing these days. This past weekend we hit the spot with the canoe and caught a few nice ones in the skinny water. As we were paddling home, I said to my son, "you keep casting and I'll paddle". Within 2 mins he had nice hit on his white "rage tail" and fought the hog like a pro through the slop. Could a father be more proud??? :) Here are a few pics of our outting this weekend. I love getting showed up this way.

Colin

A nice one to start the weekend. Caught on a YUM Horny Toad.

p1030438r.jpg

Brody said he liked the "Rage Tail"

p1030441f.jpg

A colourful litte guy.

p1030465t.jpg

I guess he does like the "Rage Tail".

p1030466.jpg

I think the $6000.00 smile say's it all! LOL

p1030468wn.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. It's hard to believe that about 3 weeks ago we had dad's 17ft Princecraft in that slop. Now we can barely get the canoe in there. It's still a great place to fish......even if we don't catch anything. Blue Heron's, turtles, deer, and other wildlife usually keeps us entertained.