12 feet of Lakair musky

lew

There's a Lew post for ya, been a while. Guatanteed good fish, details of the techniques, a scenery shot and no smile.

Glad to see your got into them and shared with us Lew.

But, your full of bird droppings, evening bite? your in bed by 3:30pm to be up at Lew oclock. Nice try. :)

Edited by Harrison

I just re-read your technical info again, Lew....actually re-re-re-read it :D...good stuff to keep in mind. One question -- do you pay attention to water temperature? If so, have you found more active fish in a certain temperature range? The reason I thought of it was that you were in 7-8FOW....I would've thought that would be pretty warm for big fish like that....so I thought I'd ask

Hey Phil, your gonna spoil my image posting those kinda pictures :lol:

I just re-read your technical info again, Lew....actually re-re-re-read it :D...good stuff to keep in mind. One question -- do you pay attention to water temperature? If so, have you found more active fish in a certain temperature range? The reason I thought of it was that you were in 7-8FOW....I would've thought that would be pretty warm for big fish like that....so I thought I'd ask

johnny, if the water temps are up in the 80 degree or above range I'll use cranks and try and focus on deeper fish where the water is cooler.

Where I was fishing up north last week the water was in the 77-78 degree range for the 1st couple days, then the nights began to get quite cool and the surface temps dropped to the low to mid 70's, infact on 2 mornings the water was 69 when we headed out.

7-9 FOW is pretty consistant in that area and so the temps also average about the same overall.

Hey Phil, your gonna spoil my image posting those kinda pictures laugh.gif

johnny, if the water temps are up in the 80 degree or above range I'll use cranks and try and focus on deeper fish where the water is cooler.

Where I was fishing up north last week the water was in the 77-78 degree range for the 1st couple days, then the nights began to get quite cool and the surface temps dropped to the low to mid 70's, infact on 2 mornings the water was 69 when we headed out.

7-9 FOW is pretty consistant in that area and so the temps also average about the same overall.

thumbsup_anim.gif Thanks Lew....really appreciate it