Sandy Cove Marine

HTHM

Man... if you ever needed a trailer that's the place to be. Gonna be a real long day, suspect they'll be using more than one auctioneer and selling from different areas at the same time so take a friend if you want to buy something.

I want this...

806.JPG

Whew! 18% buyers premium, then don't forget HST.

I registered anyways and have a few items targetted.

I think it is 15% if onsite. don't forget "plus shipping". Winning in Innisfil only to have the other items you wanted in North Bay would not be so great.

If I had time to kill like all these retired guys I would be up there even if it was just to kill time.

I think it is 15% if onsite. don't forget "plus shipping". Winning in Innisfil only to have the other items you wanted in North Bay would not be so great.

If I had time to kill like all these retired guys I would be up there even if it was just to kill time.

What retired guys??? Pretty sure everyone that has replied is still working? :) Unfortunately. My joke is the 65 in FRANKIE65 is the # of years I still have to work to retire comfortably!

It will go for wholesale price or better most likely. You'll have every dealer (that's still in business) there bidding. They'll all stop bidding at wholesale and the private guys will take it further. You may or may not save about 40% and then you'll pay a 15% buyers premium. I may go waste a day tomorrow...

Dont waste yer day Wayne. Stay home and cut wood. Im not even thinking about taking a day off for this one.

I won a great blow up pool chair for Betty for our week get away. Im good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or is that gold? LOL

Edited by Misfish

..and that's exactly what killed them in a depressed market.. inventory that they paid for when the US dollar was stronger and couldn't sell. Nobody needs 200 folding boat seats.. that appear to be all in the same friggin colour.

Edited by irishfield

They must have been overextended on their Line of Credit or they fell behind in payments. Whatever happened, it's too bad for the employees, hopefully they didn't get shafted too badly.

There are a few props there that I'd be interested in but don't really need and the price is going to be driven up so I'm out. Now if they had a nice Volvo Penta Dual Prop lower unit........

Yah think Buck.. GE looking for a 5.5 million dollar payment when they, Sandy Cove, only had about $500k in total retail stock + the boat inventory that wasn't selling. Too many dealers did what they'd done every year and filled their floor with 3rd party finance "floor plans" (boats) and can't make the interest payments in todays market and lack of sales.

..and that's exactly what killed them in a depressed market.. inventory that they paid for when the US dollar was stronger and couldn't sell. Nobody needs 200 folding boat seats.. that appear to be all in the same friggin colour.

Strangely, I was thinking the exact same thing. The last thing you want to see is a business going down and you certainly don't want to knock them, but wow, it looks like they were expecting a big $ season that never materialized. Considering the listed auction items are what's left after a few weeks of agressive selling, they seem a little "fat" for inventory. Not that I'm an expert in marine sales though. But where I work, I don't let our purchaser buy anything that not directly related to an existing customer purchase order without me signing off first. Times are too tough to carry overhead. IMHO

Had my daughter bidding for me. Got a new prop for my Yamaha for 50 bucks, perfect since I kissed the French with it a few times thhis spring.

Also got the Yamaha genny inverter for 450, msrp 982, Ive been looking for this exact one as its only 35 decibals and can be run on the front of your boat as you fish.

Alot of guys on the Bassmaster tour are running it on there boats when they use there trolling setup all day.

the 4stroke 9.9 and 8hp mercs went for 1500 not alot of saving there.

Oh and they had 382 of the same seat in stock!!