Expert Guiding leads to 9LB Walleye

mercman

Met up with Mike(Musky Mike) at his place in Cornwall around 10am.Met his little guy,what a great Kidclapping.gif gonna be a great fisherman like his Dad too.

Grabbed a quick bite and headed dow the the Franny for some Walters.Got on the water around 11.30am, and within 20mins i had my first one on.Nice 2lber. The day was starting out rightclapping.gif

Then the bite stopped.We hit a couple of his spots, and nothing.I could see the concern on Mikes face.He was starting to think that something was wrong. I get fish outa here all the time, must be a weather front or something, he said.Third spot yielded a few more nice eaters. Now we had 4 fish on bord.

HPIM1813-1.jpg

HPIM1816.jpg

This kept up, and Mke had finally dialed them in.All were caught trolling crankbaits, the type and style of which i swore never to reveal.cool.gif

Stopped for lunch, and then back out.All in all, we caught 15 really nice fish, i took home my limit, and i through this one back.29in 9lb.Bigest walleye i have ever seen.The biggest Mike has had in hes boat this yearGonefishing.gif

HPIM1821.jpg

Mike really came through for us today.He proved his skill, and for the rest of the day, he consistantly put us on fish after fish.In 6 1/2 hours on the water, we caught 15 fish.Not little weiners like i am used to catching, but big, fat, beautifully colored and healthy Walleye.

If anyone wants to get into some of these beautyes, PM him, and set up a day. I am thrilled with my time on the water with him today.So far we have fished together twice, first time he put me onto my first Musky, now, the best walleye fishing i have ever had. Thanks Mike!!!You know your water, and your fish. Here are a few more pics. The huge Perch was given to me by a guy coming off the water.Showed him my cooler, and his mouth fell openrofl2.gif

HPIM1827.jpg

HPIM1811.jpg

How is 9 walleye your limit? Assuming your wife was with you, it would only be 8? Excuse me if I am wrong... not saying you are poaching

I just count 9 walleye + 1 perch. ????

Well I wanted one for supper...

I clean all the fish for guests at my house... So I kept 1 for supper and sent Paul and Barb home with 8 and a perch...

We could have had 12 in those newspapers...

Edited by Musky Mike

If his wife was with him it would be............. 12!!

That's what i'm assuming dunno.gif

BTW

Looks like ya hit a Gold Mine.

Congrats

Of Course the wife comes with me.She is the best fishing partner i have.Because she likes to fish, i get to fish whenever i want.We were 3 licenced fishers in the boat.

My appolgies to everyone involved in the trip.

I am used to guides NOT fishing. So I was thinking a 2 person limt. I have P.M.'d Paul with an apology. I am not like that. It was past midnight and I was exhausted (horseshoe tournament and lots of beverages). I should have never questioned it on a public forum. Sorry to Musky Mike as well. It was a beauty fish Paul and matches my PB which I caught when I was a teenager.

Lesson learned it will never happen again.

Again very sorry.

Blair

I always fish... But I don't really catch much...lol... The guests are in the front half of the boat and run on a "normal" length of line... And I run a LONG like behind their lures... It's mostly for feel so I know where our baits are... But the long line does get the odd fish...

No hard feelings on my end nipfisher... I've questioned people in public threads about stuff that maybe I shouldnt have...

And I've also had some beverages is the sun all day... You get PRETTY relaxed after a dozen wobbly pops playing horseshoes... Lol

Edited by Musky Mike

My appolgies to everyone involved in the trip.

I am used to guides NOT fishing. So I was thinking a 2 person limt. I have P.M.'d Paul with an apology. I am not like that. It was past midnight and I was exhausted (horseshoe tournament and lots of beverages). I should have never questioned it on a public forum. Sorry to Musky Mike as well. It was a beauty fish Paul and matches my PB which I caught when I was a teenager.

Lesson learned it will never happen again.

Again very sorry.

Blair

Hey Blair.

I kinda figured you were tired, cause its not like you at all. Lets put it behind us and get fishin.

I still like and respect you as a budclapping.gif

Paul

Edited by mercman