Strange Catch in Lake Couchiching

FishingTheGTA

We all know they will attack a surface lure,and many of us have seen them, TRY. Most of us will tell the bird to take off and pull the bait from it before this happens.

They are annoying,but this could of be invoidable.

Hope you enjoyed that.Cant believe you had time to take pics. :wallbash::stretcher:

The same thing happened to me at Lake Ramsey in Sudbury. The gull came right down and took a top water lure. He got hooked pretty badly - the front treble in his face and the the rear treble under his wing. I flew him like a kite for a few minutes before reeling him in. I put my sweater over him to calm him down, cut the line, unhooked his face and while I was trying to unhook his wing he managed to fly away with the lure still stuck under his wing. Silly bird. That was my favorite top water lure.

We all know they will attack a surface lure,and many of us have seen them, TRY. Most of us will tell the bird to take off and pull the bait from it before this happens.

Hope you enjoyed that.Cant believe you had time to take pics. :wallbash::stretcher:

Wife took the pics. We were trolling so no way to avoid as we had no idea he was aiming for the Rapala.

Had this picture up a couple times already but I can't resist since you guys are talkin seagulls...

This bird decided he was hungry for a muskie sized snack. It was actually his second shot at the bait so I had the camera ready for him..

attkgull.jpg

lol seriously? I've had them divebomb down 2 feet and grab a jerkbait trolled behind the boat. There ain't nothing you can do to stop it if the stupid bird wants it. Bet next time that seagull won't be such an idiot.

Worst thing I've had was an Osprey divebomb a topwater bait a few years ago. Sorry Brian, but there was no warning, it just dropped from the sky as they do. I ended up having to cut the line and hope the bird eventually got free of the lure tangled in its feet.

My buddy and I once successfully released a hooked seagull, it was amazing how the bird calmed down once tucked under my arm...

it does seem nicely hooked in the "lip" so I would think it's legally caught. It doesn't mention any limits on birds in the fishing regs so you probably could have taken it home :whistling:

haha I had one that dived for my topwater once too ... luckily I saw it coming and quickly retrieved it back to the boat.