28.5 inch walleye... With pic

mike rousseau

Well got my dad out tonight for the first time in a while... Actually first time ever where I normally like to fish... We usually fish together closer to our boathouses... But I launch further up river...

We didn't leave my house till after 5:00pm and started fishing around 5:30-5:40

Things started off pretty slow but lots of father son time to chat... Then around 7:00 the fishing started to pick up and we were into the walleye... We boated about 7 in an hour... And we already had 2 others before that... So I started thinking this is a good night... But with a lot of 2lb fish I said to my dad... A biggun would really make the night...

Next spot we hit... 30 seconds into the troll dads rod doubled over with a big fish... Couple cranks of the reel and SNAP!!!! Line breaks... I'm thinking what the hell... I always set my drag proper... No way it should have snapped... Then he let out a goofy chuckle and said "I guess I shouldn't have tightened the drag so much"... I checked it... LOCKED!!!! Like musky drag tight... So right after he broke... I mean less than a minute... My rod doubled...28.5 inch Walter... Must have been a pair or big girls there tonight... What a way to end a great night... 10 walleye with a 28.5 incher to finish it off..

47f4d844.jpg

Thats one of them there CHERISH fish.

For a lifetime!

not on the "Larry"

there are a fair bit of walleye that size... my brother got one an inch smaller a couple miles downriver at the same time

wait till you see my posts in october and november... you'll think im in the BOQ...

not on the "Larry"

there are a fair bit of walleye that size... my brother got one an inch smaller a couple miles downriver at the same time

wait till you see my posts in october and november... you'll think im in the BOQ...

Mr. Musky,

I lost my dad unexpectedly. Today's memories of past fish caught. Priceless.

Just saying, catch as many fish with your dad when you can. Size is pretty much irrevalant. (Only in this case):Gonefishing:

Tight lines,

Slayer8