Warrior Boats Back In Business

The Warrior brand of fibreglass multi-species fishing boats has been pulled from the fire, thanks to four Minnesota businessmen who have announced a relaunch of the company.

The new owners, led by pro walleye angler Dave Anderson and former Warrior dealer Joe Hellerman, announced they have purchased all rights to the Warrior name and trademark, along with all molds and tooling. The new company is now searching for a factory location with the intention of having new Warrior boats available for sale by the end of this year (December). The new company will employ about 10 people, including key staff from Warrior’s previous ownership.

Warrior.jpg

In short press release, the new owners state they plan to sell the six most popular Warrior models (sorry, they didn't specify which ones) with all others available on a special-order basis. The group is now looking for prospective dealers in Canada and the US.

At its peak, Warrior was producing about 300 boats per year, targeting the professional walleye market.

Not sure Geoff... our 26,000 sq ft building was Grew's last presence in town, with a nice fancy 32' ceiling, board room, offices etc. They went into receivership and the guy that was shot and killed over in Owen Sounds last year had bought the rights and was making Grew's along with something else, maybe it was Northstar?

Edited by irishfield

I think Northstar sold the hull molds to Grew when they went under and they were in that plant you are talking about Wayne. Then Grew moved in.

The Grew 7 doors down from my folks looks 100% like my dad Northstar but in blue and it's 2 years newer.

Craig, any ideas here?

Grew built the building we're in specifically for themselves as they had to get off the waterfront and needed "our" building to do the larger boats. Full overhead rail system throughout the entire facility to move moulds/hulls/finished boats.

Edited by irishfield

ahh, I see.

Craig, you know what happend to Northstar? Not to derail this post though...

GBW - sorry, I don't know exactly what happened to Northstar. I'll dig around a bit and see what I can find.

In the meantime, Misfish - no word on pricing. They don't even have a factory building finalized at this point. The new owners only got the company in the last week or so.

I never got to drive one, but I've seen a few of these Warrior boats and they were pretty nice looking rigs. They seem to have been very solidly built.

I wouldn't be buying a boat from a Company that has previously gone out of business. If they go belly-up again, good luck with warranty support.

Would you prefer doing business with a manufacturer who's still in business but doesn't honour its waranties?

Would you prefer doing business with a manufacturer who's still in business but doesn't honour its waranties?

No - but, I'd do my research beforehand so I wouldn't have a boat from a manufacturer that fit into this category, Tracker, for example.