Senkos

rhymobot

Anyone know if they come in multi colour packs?

I guess they make their money by selling 10 of the same colour in a pack which encourages you to buy several packs. But I'm not a hardcore angler and can't spend that kind of dough.

Only got introduced to senkos last year when someone gave me 8 separate colours and they've been the best lures for me but I'm down to 4 now and they're in rough shape.

There's a senko-ring applicator that places a rubber ring around your senko for wacky rigging. You won't need to pierce your senkos anymore. The hook goes around the ring and that's it.

Can't remember where I bought it from, but I've saved a lot of senkos!

ya I saw it on BPS website but I almost always rig mine texas. but i think i'll start trying wacky and see what happens.

1 pack of any color is never enough. On a decent bite I've gone through 3-4 packs in 1 day.

Those Lebarons brand name ones are pretty decent for the price. If I like a new color I usually buy 3-4 packs at a time

White

Green/brown pumpkin

Blacks

Pretty much covers it all

Anyone know if they come in multi colour packs?

I guess they make their money by selling 10 of the same colour in a pack which encourages you to buy several packs. But I'm not a hardcore angler and can't spend that kind of dough.

Only got introduced to senkos last year when someone gave me 8 separate colours and they've been the best lures for me but I'm down to 4 now and they're in rough shape.

Here ya go. Cabela's site.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Gary-Yamamoto-Senko-Kit/702682.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dsenko%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D23%26y%3D13&Ntt=senko&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

don't buy the whacky rig kit. bring a senko type bait to a princess auto and buy a foot long of clear tube (fit to size) for a $1.00. it's a gas line tube or something like that. then you cut it into rings to use over the bait just like the BLACK rings you get with the kit.

I find the YUM brand stands up way better then most others too. Always check the bins at all bait shops as you may find your go to bait in there for next to nothing.

Oh and yes the ones most bait shops sell work just as well too for less... :thumbsup_anim:

Or get yourself those elastics kids use for their braces. A box should last you a lifetime. :)

I go to the dollar store to get the smaller rubber bands. They come in different colours but I use the black ones.

If you like the Wave Worm brand, there is a small shop in Mattawa that sells them for $3/pack. Tubes, wacky worms, grubs, frogs etc... I pick up 7 packs for $20 even, and after I gave the guy some neat rocks for his collection, he threw in a free Believer!

You should check out Jose's listing in the classified section. He usually has a great selection for 5.00/bag and is a great guy to deal with.

I personally do not like the wacky rigs. I find the action just isnt the same. I know I go through a lot of Senkos but I feel its woth the sacrifice if I'm catching fish.