NF - Former Mooshead Beer executive killed at desk with axe

The Toronto Star reports that Dick Oland, of the Moosehead Beer family, was axe-murdered at his desk last week.

From the story: “He was killed with an axe. He was bludgeoned to death,” the source told the Star, adding that while police remain tight lipped about the details, they do have a “number one” suspect, whose story is full of inconsistencies.

"Oland's body was found in his Canterbury Street office in Saint John on Thursday, at which point police described his death as suspicious."

Suspicious?

Ya think?

Click here to read the full story.

I don`t know, guys chop themselves up all the time could be self inflicted!!! :stretcher:

According to investigating authorities, the theory of self infliction is not probable as the alleged weapon was found ten feet away from the victim's legs and 32 feet away from the rest of the body.

My condolences to the family and friends of the dearly parted.

This is a sad day indeed.sad.gif My first ever drunk, was on Moosehead beer. I still have fond memories of the blackouts i had while drinking this wonderful brew.w00t.gif

My deepest sympathy to beer drinkers everywhere in eastern canada.

Edited by mercman

This is a sad day indeed.sad.gif My first ever drunk, was on Moosehead beer. I still have fond memories of the blackouts i had while drinking this wonderful brew.w00t.gif

My deepest sympathy to beer drinkers everywhere in eastern canada.

I didn't remember my blackouts.

But other people did. :blink:

Back in the mid 60's I used to rally in New Brunswick and Dick Oland was a member of our club and competed regularly and you can remember the old VW bugs - there was a tray across the front of the car in the trunk part. His navigator was wondering why the VW was handling so poorly, until the end of the rally and Dick opened the trunk and there 15 cases of Moosehead cans in the car.

He was a good guy and will be missed by Saint John and the province of New Brunswick.

David aka Superdad