Q RE: minnows

GBW

Hey all.

So as some of you know I have a dry river bed by my house that have Rainbows come up to spawn in the spring. Well my kids were down there today and found about 50 or more baby rainbow fry stuck in a small pool of water (with NO WAY to get out).

So here is my question as my kids want me to "save the baby fish!". Can I take them in a bucket and move them farther down in the same water system so they have a chance to live? It's all part of the same creek but this is the spot where the creek begins to form. I can walk less then 10 min. and have the trapped fry in healthy river (same river) waters.

I have a feeling the answer is no but I have to ask, they (the kids) are bugging me... Thanks.

Geoff

i agree with Joey do it and don't say anything,whistling.gif

i do not think anybody would say anything about it you are saving the fish.

we must do all we can to save the fishing for our younger generations clapping.gifGonefishing.gif

Edited by pikeguy

LOL Your odds are now higher of actually getting in trouble (if its even a problem) after posting this.

oh that I know; but I wear an APE costume and only work at night under the cover of darkness... :ninja:

You're not catching and releasing in two different water bodies....it just sucks you can only put 2 in the pail at a time, so as to not exceed your rainbow trout possession limit :rofl2:

trust me, when the kids showed them to me they were/are quick! I know I can NEVER get more then 2 at a time... <_<