PB Musky equaled

limeyangler

Hi all....went out for walleye on Eagle Lake today. To say the bite was slow is not an understatement....i got i walleye and i hammer handle Jackfish in close to 4hrs....before a 42" Musky grabbed my jig and minnow.

I think the walleye were just waiting for an evening bite...as they really turned on at around 8pm, got my 4 walleye and 42" of musky for team 2!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3uqzwI50_vU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_3288.jpg

Simon! Where do you get all the hands? Camera, rod, sunglasses, net...I'm surprised nothing went overboard. And you now own a net with character. Congrats on the great catch.

Way to go Simon. :thumbsup_anim:

Best part is when an Englishman say's "Ya'll" :rofl2:

LOL Dann, i could not believe i said that as i was putting the video together.

Congrats on the bonus musky Simon !!

It certainly broke the quiet from 4 hours of fishing with hardly a sniff of a fish!

Simon! Where do you get all the hands? Camera, rod, sunglasses, net...I'm surprised nothing went overboard. And you now own a net with character. Congrats on the great catch.

The net thing was awesome, went to lift and it just started to give, had to drag her to the side of the boat and lift vertically otherwise i'd own a net with a 90 degree bend in it! I did consider lipping it...NOT!

I wish i was more popular, then i would not need to multitask so often...lol..fishing solo has made multitasking a necessity!

congrats Simon - nice outingthumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks spincast....it was a weird outing to say the least.

Nice thick fish Simon. You're obviously good at multi-tasking. :)

If its fishing i'm good, when it comes to work...not so much....lol.

Sweet. The season is still early and we're seeing some nice skis being caught. Congtrats

This fish must have been around that area for years, it looked like it had been caught a few times before...i bet she is in a few pictures taken by Century lodge guests from over the years!

Nice going Simon !!!Gonefishing.gif

clapping.gif

Thanks Paul! what was really cool was that it was the first 'easy' trip since i quit smoking, despite no action for close to 4 hours i dont remember even thinking about a smoke the whole time....guess i was to bust cursing and trying to work out where all the fishes were and what could tempt them out of hiding!

Congrats Simon, a beauty catch :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Joey, praise indeed from the the queenn of Mushkaaaay.

Great vid Simon.

Gotta love Eagle,lots of surprises.

Your right about the bite being slow around here.

Went to my fav "secret lk" last week,it has never failed me ever over the years,wasn't skunked but allmost. :dunno:

Vowed i would never target muskies by myself since they tend to be hard to handle.

I can see the difficulty trying to deal with the musky itself but to film it, get a photo with OFC sign etc...

adds a whole new dimension of problems. Kudos on pulling this all off and sharing the experience with us. :Gonefishing:

might want to read up on musky release techniques

For once i am gonna bite...i'm done with the Musky "nazi" crew . I mean what do you do....you hardly have any posts....i dont see you contributing much at all to the forum...then when you do its the holier than thou musky Bull!

Whatever you do dont watch any more of ny videos.....you'll be joining p3ta!

Anyway...thanks for the sarcastic advice.....I aint even gonna get into what i think you should do.......

the fish swam away...Next time i'll smack the friggin' thing on the head and do a video of the resulting fish fry.

Damn....i hate giving up smoking!

For once i am gonna bite...i'm done with the Musky "nazi" crew . I mean what do you do....you hardly have any posts....i dont see you contributing much at all to the forum...then when you do its the holier than thou musky Bull!

Whatever you do dont watch any more of ny videos.....you'll be joining p3ta!

Anyway...thanks for the sarcastic advice.....I aint even gonna get into what i think you should do.......

the fish swam away...Next time i'll smack the friggin' thing on the head and do a video of the resulting fish fry.

Damn....i hate giving up smoking!

I will side with you on this one as it is clear that you were not targeting musky on this trip. A lot of musky fisherman are passionate about the sport and may not attempt to land a musky without the proper gear, that is assuming that it is not a pb.

A 40 inch musky is probably 10 plus years old, and a musky on eagle lake must be way larger than that one to be legally kept, so your last comment was out of line.

I will side with you on this one as it is clear that you were not targeting musky on this trip. A lot of musky fisherman are passionate about the sport and may not attempt to land a musky without the proper gear, that is assuming that it is not a pb.

A 40 inch musky is probably 10 plus years old, and a musky on eagle lake must be way larger than that one to be legally kept, so your last comment was out of line.

I know the regs, the comment about a fish fry was borne out of frustration and anger.

I know the regs, the comment about a fish fry was borne out of frustration and anger.

I wasn't being sarcastic.I just don't understand the need to even take that fish out of the water. When I catch musky solo I cut the hooks and the fish never leaves the water. You jam it into an undersized net drag it in the boat measure it after it thrashes around on the carpet all while making a video?

For once i am gonna bite...i'm done with the Musky "nazi" crew . I mean what do you do....you hardly have any posts....i dont see you contributing much at all to the forum

You caught a musky while fishing for walleye and shared a video with us... pretty awesome i would think. I think your videos are the best thing going here too bad about these friggin musky freakouters. After buying the cradle, hook cutters, etc and treating these things so well; still a few times have had to get stitches at hospital just reaching in cradle and having fish thrash about and slice me. Wasted my day and blood. Thought later should have cut it as well just to be fair, since it did cut me. :lol:

Really they are not much different than pike(esox). Actually pike are much better for eating.

Any musky i ate had a "musky" taste which wasn't that appealing. :Gonefishing::canadian: