Suffix 832 and Sebile Magic swimmer review

bucktail

Finally got out to put the new Suffix line and the Sebil Swimmer to the test.

The Suffix 832 inline behaves much better out of the box then Power Pro or Fireline, less memory and stiffness the the other 2 braids and better casting.

The draw backs are the one the colour bleeds quickly and I ended up with green hand!

Also by the end of the day throwing big cranks it appeared to lose some of its shape and started to flatten like Power Pro does after a while.

Over all I would buy it again and would rate it higher then the other superbraids.

As for the Sebile Magic Swimmer .. I used the 7inch silver and bkue herring colour sinking model.

Looks great in the water at a medium retrieve.

3rd cast I get a nice 15 pound pike coming in late on the retrieve and and blow the hookset as he nipped at the tail.

Had a nother fish blow up on it before leaving.

Great start but my bad hookup % continues. Couldnt tell if it was the fish or me again.

Good review tho , definatly worth it.

Darren

I've been using 832 lime green for about 3 month and haven't had any color come off on my hands. The color fades but not as fast as the other lines. I'll double check the gaps of the line on my reel with the one on the spool. I'll keep using it.

Finally got out to put the new Suffix line and the Sebil Swimmer to the test.

The Suffix 832 inline behaves much better out of the box then Power Pro or Fireline, less memory and stiffness the the other 2 braids and better casting.

The draw backs are the one the colour bleeds quickly and I ended up with green hand!

Also by the end of the day throwing big cranks it appeared to lose some of its shape and started to flatten like Power Pro does after a while.

Over all I would buy it again and would rate it higher then the other superbraids.

As for the Sebile Magic Swimmer .. I used the 7inch silver and bkue herring colour sinking model.

Looks great in the water at a medium retrieve.

3rd cast I get a nice 15 pound pike coming in late on the retrieve and and blow the hookset as he nipped at the tail.

Had a nother fish blow up on it before leaving.

Great start but my bad hookup % continues. Couldnt tell if it was the fish or me again.

Good review tho , definatly worth it.

Darren

You might try a dressed treble on the tail....that sometimes gets the tail biters. I have put them on a few jointed swimbaits without affecting the action at all.

I have been using 832 since April and have caught over 300 fish this year using it, I would not go back to powerpro. Also I have not found that the line fades much it still looks almost new even after 2 months and nearly being used daily.

Im going to try that trick of putting on a dressed treble I think! Good idea.

As for the colour bleed maybe I got a bad batch, my hands were as green as if I had been weeding the garden., and the line on my reel looks like 3 year old power pro now.

Still like it tho and definatly recommend it.

I have 30 pound on one reel and 10 on all my spinning reels.

I haven't notice any colour on my hands, but with small diameters like mine there wouldn't be that much anyway.

By now we know that no superline will hold dye. PP uses wax as it's colouring, Fireline uses dye and paint...At least this stuff is soft right out of the box and doesn't have to be "broken-in."

With the follower-late striker thing...There is an old Rapala thing that if the fish is accepting the bait it will hit it in the middle...If it's on the tail hook either the baits too big, or the wrong colour. this isn't pure science, but it's worth considering.

In my lake, I caught a pike on a five inch Magic Swimmer first time out and several more hit four to five inch Husky Jerks, Live Target Smelt's and Long "A's" etc. The fish we ate had a belly full of 4-5 inch Minnows.

No colour bleed from my Suffix....really like it. When you see those followers, look away and wait till you FEEL him :D Very interesting bit from Garry about fish accepting the bait though....I like that.

A bit of green water on my Calais after the first few casts, but nothing like PPro.. Also noticed a waxy black substance come off the line while I was filling the reel.

Really enjoy the line, definitely casts further then the 20lb Suffix Siege I had on there. No complaints from me.

I've only had colour come off from the braid when I was spooling my reel. I'd hold the line between my fingers as I reel in and I noticed a mossy green colour afterwords.

I was using the 30lb test on my spinning reel tossing a mepps spinner and a small tube jig. The line came off nicely off the reel.

I tried the Suffix 20lbs on my Soron StX20 and was getting consistent knots and loops, even as I pared down the amount of line on the spool. I switched back to PP and had no issues. No more suffix for me...looks like everyone else is happy with it though.

I put some 832 on my main reel this spring and am impressed with how it casts, and how sensitive it is.i also rec'd a reel of Elite and a reel of Siege monofiliment by Suffix. Anyone ever tried these 2 lines?

I put some 832 on my main reel this spring and am impressed with how it casts, and how sensitive it is.i also rec'd a reel of Elite and a reel of Siege monofiliment by Suffix. Anyone ever tried these 2 lines?

Are you talking about Suffix Elite? If so I didn't really care for it too much. It's better than Spiderwire and camo braid, but not as good as PP or 832.

I still have lots of it around, and only really use it in desperation for a day or two.

Are you talking about Suffix Elite? If so I didn't really care for it too much. It's better than Spiderwire and camo braid, but not as good as PP or 832.

I still have lots of it around, and only really use it in desperation for a day or two.

No, the Elite and the Siege are Mono filiament lines. I recd a roll of each in a promotional package and wanted to spool either on my Ultralite setup. They gave me and 10lb Siege and an 8lb Elite.

Canadian Tire still has the 832 on for $14 and change....at least in Oakville....I grabbed some 50lb today. Stuff definitely seems darker on the spool than the 30lb I picked up earlier...will be interesting to see if it fades.

My 65# powerpro that I bought close to ten years ago is finally getting retired blush.gif

i put 80 lb on my revo toro, used it this weekend and had green hands after i was finished, also noticed it dripping off the reel several times.

i have 40 lb on my jerkbait rod.. also noticed i had a green thumb at the end off the day.

i have 10 lb on my walleye rod... didnt notice the dye although it was a spinning reel compared to baitcaster.

great line though, definetely like it better than powerpro

My 65# powerpro that I bought close to ten years ago is finally getting retired blush.gif

Just bought a new Abu Garcia baitcaster to replace a retired 13 yr. old Quantum Iron baitcaster. The Fireline from the old reel i put on the new reel. So the stuff from the bottom is now on top, this Fireline despite being 13 yrs. old is looking brand new :worthy: . No need for the Suffix.

Good to hear the fish were chasing the Sebile Magic swimmer, thinking of buying a Storm Kickin' minnow which is sort of similar swimbait. Gives me a bit of confidence in rubber swimbaits for musky before even using or buying.

No, the Elite and the Siege are Mono filiament lines. I recd a roll of each in a promotional package and wanted to spool either on my Ultralite setup. They gave me and 10lb Siege and an 8lb Elite.

Sorry mercman, for some reason I was thinking of Sufix performance.

I've never used the two mono's you mentioned

Good to hear the fish were chasing the Sebile Magic swimmer, thinking of buying a Storm Kickin' minnow which is sort of similar swimbait. Gives me a bit of confidence in rubber swimbaits for musky before even using or buying.

The Magic Swimmer's that I'm talking about are hard baits.

There is a soft version, but I found soft swimbaits didn't last very long around toothy critters.

Garry2R's

Edited by garry2rs