• very bad
    • help
    • not bothersome
  3. 3. black flies ,above north bay

• bad
    • very bad
    • help
    • not bothesome

In sturgeon they are not too bad... dragonflies are out, that usually puts the kibosh on them.. but then again.. they dont really bug me all that much anyway...

In Nosbonsing last weekend there were a few skeeters, but I don't recall seeing more than one or two black flies. Evenings by the dock were the worst, but I only sprayed the OFF! once on the legs. I didn't even know they were there 90% of the time.

Never got bit on Nipissing this week. Though the 33 degrees celsius and 40 kph winds might have had something to do with it. sarcasm.gif

I can't believe you went out in this wind...very strong lately, too much for me. As for the black flies and 'squitos, they aren't that bad and I've been in the bush a lot this spring...but then again, they don't bother me much either way.

I can't believe you went out in this wind...very strong lately, too much for me. As for the black flies and 'squitos, they aren't that bad and I've been in the bush a lot this spring...but then again, they don't bother me much either way.

The wind was bad, the waves were not.

That's the thing...it's very weather dependent. Check the bug forecast on theweathernetwork.com for the area you are looking to fish ahead of time....but as others have said, prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

that is good to know ,will have to chck out the weather network for this ,i chek for upcoming week and didnt see the bug report .good to know and thanks ....bugs usually dont bother me its the other guys that complain about them ,,,