went out for a bit this morning..

Muskieman

I left home after dropping the kids off at school...

made the 15 minute drive to Lake Tomiko...

The water was like glass and not a cloud in the sky except for the one that contained all the Blackflies.

I knew it was gonna be tough... I managed to miss about 5 and land one ...

Picture014.jpg

26.5" :thumbsup_anim:

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

If the clouds roll in tonight I'll be going back

Randy

:canadian:

That's one dark coloured walleye. Nice pic.... no pun intended.

Here are another 2 Walleye from Tomiko .. they're pretty dark too.. I've never seen a light colored one from there yet been fishing it for 35 years.

33.75" & 34.5"

Walleye.jpg

4546_83610571324_743011324_1880309_3278358_n.jpg

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Is the water darker on Tomiko, that could explain the colour..?

Yep .. exactly.. Tomiko is mostly pond water therefore a lot of tannins and has a reddish tea stained color.. It's main tributaries are the Tomiko River and Mosquito Creek which are both fed mostly by ponds..that may also explain the elevated Mercury levels..

according to "Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish 2011-12"

Tomiko has a limit of 4 & 2 safe Walleye meals/month... vs Temagami at 8.. and Nipissing at 8 & 4.

A real nice specimen. Well done. Did you jig her up? Or were you trolling? In the shadow of your fishing line on your rod it looks like a split shot. I am on my phone though, could be a jig.

slow vertical presentation..1/4Oz Northland Firetiger Fireball jig ,2" VMC clip-on blood red treble trailer baited with a Dew-Worm in 20or so FOW.

Randy

:canadian:

nice looking walleye.....

bummer about the OFC sign... no year in the pic :dunno:

Uhhh, not sure what your point is here.

For the effort it looks like Randy took to get that beautiful specimen of fish in a picture with an OFC tourny sign I think that pic is quite acceptable for an entry.

Take it up with the board of directors privately if you want to question it!!!

Edited by Joey

Uhhh, not sure what your point is here.

For the effort it looks like Randy took to get that beautiful specimen of fish in a picture with an OFC tourney sign I think that pic is quite acceptable for an entry.

Take it up with the board of directors privately if you want to question it!!!

Yes, it was a beauty fish.... no questions asked..

Two years ago I made the same mistake in a picture too and it really sucked because I didn't think to take a couple of shots, with the sign in, of the big assed bass that I caught.

There are many newbies on this and in the tournament that may not be fully aware of the sign details requirement.

In case any of THEM are reading this post,, here is is what tripped ME up two years ago:

" Qualifying fish:

Fish must be caught legally by angling methods only. No fish that appears to be caught illegally will be considered. Fish must be in season. Fish entered must comply with 'caught fish' regulations for the jurisdiction in which they are caught. Fish must be caught in waters of the the Province of Ontario (all of a body of water that lies at least partially within the boundaries of Ontario is considered Ontario waters; ie. all of Lake Erie is eligible). In the case of out of province members, fish must be caught in their home state or province or the waters previously outlined. Exceptions... no bass from California or Florida may be entered.

You must provide a clear image of the fish. It is recommended, but not necessary, to have a measuring device in the image. You MUST include in the image the words 'OFC Community.com 2011' or 'OntarioFishing.net 2011'. You can write this down on anything you like, but it MUST be there. Do not enter fish without this requirement. The words OFC Community.com 2011 or OntarioFishing.net 2011 must be part of the original image and not edited in."

Happy fishing.

Edited by splashhopper

Yes, it was a beauty fish.... no questions asked..

Two years ago I made the same mistake in a picture too and it really sucked because I didn't think to take a couple of shots, with the sign in, of the big assed bass that I caught.

There are many newbies on this and in the tournament that may not be fully aware of the sign details requirement.

In case any of THEM are reading this post,, here is is what tripped ME up two years ago:

" Qualifying fish:

Fish must be caught legally by angling methods only. No fish that appears to be caught illegally will be considered. Fish must be in season. Fish entered must comply with 'caught fish' regulations for the jurisdiction in which they are caught. Fish must be caught in waters of the the Province of Ontario (all of a body of water that lies at least partially within the boundaries of Ontario is considered Ontario waters; ie. all of Lake Erie is eligible). In the case of out of province members, fish must be caught in their home state or province or the waters previously outlined. Exceptions... no bass from California or Florida may be entered.

You must provide a clear image of the fish. It is recommended, but not necessary, to have a measuring device in the image. You MUST include in the image the words 'OFC Community.com 2011' or 'OntarioFishing.net 2011'. You can write this down on anything you like, but it MUST be there. Do not enter fish without this requirement. The words OFC Community.com 2011 or OntarioFishing.net 2011 must be part of the original image and not edited in."

Happy fishing.

Well if that's the case alot of the entries already submitted wouldn't count as some of them only say OFC 2011, not OFC Community.com etc.

This is supposed to be a friendly tournament right?