tape worms in my walleye

My cat had tape worms, I hate tape worms AND I thank God there are 3 girls plus a little kid alive after being held by 3 SCUM of the earth south of the border, I have never said this on the board but through an initial innocent inquiry by Mike this thread seems to be overdone, lets not be like some other boards.

I don't have a problem with those. I don't keep that many fish but when I do run into a tapeworm, I'll fillet the fish and put it in a separate bag marked "TW" and take it to the fourth neighbour down. It works out well...his name is Tom Wessier and he thinks I'm a good neighbour for bringing him a fish from time to time. Ignorance is bliss.

Hahahahaha

Like someone said, all freshwater fish have some form of parasite in them that's why we can't eat them raw. Cook them and everything is good, or let them go so someone else can catch the fish. I used to line the tape worms up as a kid when I was cleaning walleye years ago to find the largest one. That was on Scugog.

• 3 weeks later...

A lake I fish , 100% of Walleye have them , not just one per fish either , the second the fish is dead or starts to die , the worms come out a lot longer than 3', has no effect on the fillets though .

Randy

lol.. thanks for the insight fella's.. and im as sorry for bringing up this old post as i am for having to see those gross worms coming out of such beautiful fish.

We had a tape worm in the live well on the opener. I'm

not sure which species it came from we had both walleye and

pike in the live well.

Since I was stuck in the fish hut waiting for the

extreme thunderstorm to slow a bit before heading back to

the cabin, I took extra time to check the fillets out.

They looked nice and clean to me, mine are goin in the

frying pan :-)

Roy is funny...!

Tape worms are handy to check the slot ...

I have found dew worms in my walleye's stomach... how they get there?

Do not throw the tapeworms to the eagles... they taste good in a Caesar salad.

And finally... a true story.. I knew a professor of biology at Nipissing University in North Bay.. who grew his own tapeworm... (in his guts) as an experiment... I think when he flushed it out it was some 10 feet long... Now how cool is that....?

:tease:

Roy is funny...!

Tape worms are handy to check the slot ...

I have found dew worms in my walleye's stomach... how they get there?

Do not throw the tapeworms to the eagles... they taste good in a Caesar salad.

And finally... a true story.. I knew a professor of biology at Nipissing University in North Bay.. who grew his own tapeworm... (in his guts) as an experiment... I think when he flushed it out it was some 10 feet long... Now how cool is that....?

:tease:

Well, there's a weight loss program not many would sign up for!

HH