Legal fishing age

you can assist them but if you do everything and they are not disabled you can be charged

you can read anything into the law you want..but...

I personally think they need to be able to hold the rod and at least partly reel it in anything else is just raping our resources

Guest gbfisher

I'm not sure about what age is good or when you can include small children as being able to keep their own limit with help of course. I know my wife is disabled and I can help here with her limit. I'd consider a child being some what disabled if I helped them with their limit.

Quadra Paraplegics can hunt and have someone else shoot their limit for them. Fishing as well. If you ask me, I should be able to help a baby with their limit...lol.

There are no regs to cover this subject. :dunno: I'd say if a child can hold a fishing rod it would be ok but I'm pretty sure you will have 100 different answers from 50 MNR officers... :rofl2:

Guest gbfisher

Isn't it the same with someone being over the age of 65? No license required and they adhere to the sports license limit?

What would really help with this issue is to make it so that every person under the age of 65 be required to have a license. Same goes with getting rid of the conservation license

Edited by gbfisher

Isn't it the same with someone being over the age of 65? No license required and they adhere to the sports license limit?

yes, but do you think a 1 year old is all set for a day of trolling for walleye in dad's boat so dad can use 2 lines? after all, the child is fishing with dad and dad's only there to drive the boat and pull the rod from the rold holder so said one year old can fight the fish... :whistling:

yes, but do you think a 1 year old is all set for a day of trolling for walleye in dad's boat so dad can use 2 lines? after all, the child is fishing with dad and dad's only there to drive the boat and pull the rod from the rold holder so said one year old can fight the fish... :whistling:

I think you'd have a hard time convincing a CO that the other line out was the babies :)

When I was a young father (8 years ago I thought it would be great to add 2 more lines while ice fishing. Well that didn't happend for 4 years. Even then when my son was 4 and he could bring in the perch it was more frustrating tending to 4 lines. He is now 8 and I give him one line while ice fishing. If he isn't too busy playing his video games then he tends to it. I have 2 boys now but the little one is just 2. This year I will try and bring my 8 year old out with me more often thenb I can legally have a 2nd line in.

I'm not concerned with doubling my limit... I plan on a family day of carp fishing with the wife and baby... Not keeping any... So I was wondering if it is legal to have three lines out for the three of us...

if your wife is 18 or younger or older the 65 she doesn't need to worry. BUT if you want 3 lines for you, your wife and child then you and your wife need to be legit. I'm going and getting my wife a 3-year on the way to the cottage to make sure we are legit even if she doesn't fish over the next 3-years.

Ithink that if the child can cast a line out and have a good chance at catching a decent fish even if it is with your guidence and help its OK.

If the child cant cast or hold a fishing rod than no you fish on your card only.

disabled excluded as long as the diabled person has the ability to understand what is going on around them?

My son was 3 when he could legitimatly cast a line and catch a fish (6 pound largmouth with some considerable help)

For what its worth.

I'm not sure about what age is good or when you can include small children as being able to keep their own limit with help of course. I know my wife is disabled and I can help here with her limit. I'd consider a child being some what disabled if I helped them with their limit.

Quadra Paraplegics can hunt and have someone else shoot their limit for them. Fishing as well. If you ask me, I should be able to help a baby with their limit...lol.

There are no regs to cover this subject. :dunno: I'd say if a child can hold a fishing rod it would be ok but I'm pretty sure you will have 100 different answers from 50 MNR officers... :rofl2:

So True! and So Sad! Wanna revisit the dirinking in ice hut thread????...never mind and SORRY! :dunno:

Edited by ctdd2006

Well, if your planning on letting the young lad reel in the fish, I would not hesitate to set up the 3 rods. If you and your wife are going to reel them all in, then set up two, but give the young lad his own "kids" rod to play with. If he catches a fish all the better!!

I don't think a CO would give you a hard time either way.

S.

My opinion is they have to be able to cast and reel in, if they cant do that you would be doing everything right? Also if they are not casting and reeling i'd say you would be flying pretty close to using 2 rods which up here would not be legal.