Milton/Cambridge/Guelph area recommendations?

Crush

Conservation areas were often created to manage water levels after Hurricane Hazel. They then created a monster by offering more and more ammenities. The Government then told them they were going to fund just the water management part of it. THAT'S how they come up with the charge to get in!!! I guess in Quebec our tax dollars make everything seem free..." user pay " is here!! I hate the high fees as well...

Some people might find this mildly entertaining. I just see it as a minor annoyance....it's bug season, what can I say. So, crushdem, go bore people on your home board if they'll still have you.

And just so we're clear on things, you'll never qualify for a man card.

For Belwood would you recommend off shore fishing as the boat prices seem 'insane'.

I had given some tips on the lakes/areas in question after scouring the Guelph area for great locales and even giving some of my general "spots" away to be kind.

I felt they should be deleted after reading your following posts.

Edited by GreenCanada

I'm from Ottawa. I've never heard of a fishing license, let alone a 'conservation area' until coming here to the GTA and am amazed at big brother police state in Ontario here.

Where I'm from, you could smoke in restaurants, smoke and drink in a boat, park your boat where you want, even have airplanes parked out in the water out in constance bay.

Now, we're at a point where you can't use lawn pesticide, have to have a license for your pet, fishing, boating, hunting, etc etc. You can't talk on a cell phone in your car. You can't do ANYTHING anymore. We really have become a police state in these last 7-8 years.

I have to say that as a tax payer and Canadian, I am VERY offended to get charged $6.25 fee to be able to use land that is my own. I never, ever saw this until coming to the GTA. In Ottawa we never had these rules. Ottawa/Hull area is where I'm from and learned where to fish. Lots of stories from back home. Ottawa river right by the Parliament buildings.

Here's what I'll do. I'll go explore these pay 'conservation areas' myself and report my findings. I'll speak to the anglers myself and find how the fishing is, how much the boats cost, etc.

I'll check out the alchohol laws and see what is allowed and what isn't. In Ottawa you just didn't think about this stuff cause it wasn't a police state. But things have gotten so out of control now to the point they might search my car, place me under arrest and put me into holdings. Who knows! Put handcuffs on me and tie me to the truck and drag me to get some giggles.

As soon as the weather is good to go out I'll be report back my findings and am going to start with lake Kelso in Milton. Very close and right off the 401 for everyone to get to.

Let me know when you're drinking on the water so I can stay clear...

I was genuinely surprised by this particular post, because it went from a thread I was happy to contribute to, to one I'm not sure if I should stay a part of.

The conservation fees, laws, and fishing licences are designed to help protect the environment and allow for continued investment in our fisheries so we may continue to enjoy them. The heavily populated GTA might require slightly higher fees to help moderate the overuse of the land. It is a supply and demand industry and having too high a demand might cripple the resource to the part where it may collapse. It is unfortunate to hear that in the Ottawa/Hull area you never heard of a fishing licence, could drink and drive (a boat), never heard of a "conservation area", among other things.

I'm still shaking my head at that post... :wacko:

Not surprised Sun News (aka Fox "News" North) is in the background...

Edited by GreenCanada

They have not STOCKED KELSO in (20) years. The guy who is in charge of conservation Halton.

is fat fat slob who only goes to free lunches paid by people who pay very high prices for no

services at these parks. If the sportsman club did not put rainbow trout in the Milton pond

each year the kids wpuld not have any local fishing in Milton.

The Chairman, Mr. g. Carr and the Mayor Mr. G. Grants are out of touch and only interested in

what brings in the money like the ski hills.

They have not STOCKED KELSO in (20) years. The guy who is in charge of conservation Halton.

is fat fat slob who only goes to free lunches paid by people who pay very high prices for no

services at these parks.

On April 28th you said that Kelso had not been stocked in 10 years. Which is it? You might have a problem with authority figures, especially the heavier ones.