Great day Carp fishing

Live2fish85

Well I got off the day to a bit of a crappy start today, I had a appointment with my Cardiolagist and after wearing a loop monitor for 2 weeks and the other office having the results for over a week and a half, I was told today that they can't really determine what the problem is forsure as they haven't sent the results from the loop monitor yet lol. So back I go in another 2 weeks and hope that they know or have an idea, it looks like my good job with full benefits is something I won't be able to go back to as it's to much for my heart to handle. Kind of a bummer first time my heart problems have held me back but oh well life goes on I can still fish. That is just what I did to. I stopped at Bills Bait and with the great service there I was lead in the right direction, I was set up with everything I need and stuff that worked. He gave me all the help I needed and it worked, I got to the lake at my parents around 2:30pm and had my line wet by 2:45pm.

Well after about a hour and a half and a few misses FISH ON. I got him in and he was a nice 30" carp weighted 12.10 lbs.

002-1.jpg

007.jpg

After getting my line set back up and ready I throw it in and within another 15 mins WHAM another one takes, it was around the 30" range but it was a 11.10 lbs Carp needless to say another great fight.

011.jpg

Well I got the line ready again and in it goes I landed another 1 about half an hour later and it was 28" and 12.5 lbs. I did the same set up the line in it goes but didn't have and hit for over an hour, I wasn't done though as I could see them jumping around like crazy so I knew they were there and it was enough to keep my patience going. well it payed off all of a sudden without any warning on the rod Whack this thing just started ripping line by far the best fight I had of the day it was about 31.5" and 16.4 lbs it was awesome I tie the line again to make sure of any week spots and back in it goes well not even 20 mins later another one and it was another great fight.

I finally got him in and it was a beauty 32" and 16.14 lbs. I'll save you the pics off the others in between but heres the picture of the fight and the fish.

Setting the hook

020.jpg

Fighting it near the water

021.jpg

013.jpg

And then the results

036-1.jpg

038.jpg

All in all it was a great day in the end I landed 5 for 7 and it was my first time targeting carp. Thanks to the guy a Bills Bait with out his help I doubt I would have had the luck I did. I will continue to go for the carp as they are a great fight not the nicest looking fish but they are growing on me lol. This should also help my team lol.

GO TEAM 10.

Chris

Oh yea The tournament leader for carp right now is 26 so mine will add some and your pike as well bfisher. And thanks. Mercman yea they were awesome fighting thats forsure had a great day better then I would have thought fishing for carp thanks and hope I will have some more I'm going again tomorrow and friday was hoping to get some walleye but water is still to rough out there to bother testing. Maybe tomorrow or friday but I don't mind catching 50+ lbs in 5 fish they are a great fight.

Not too shabby at all for a first outing - way to go! Those are some good sized brutes there. I hooked a 15 lber in a canoe once - took me half way across Pittock. They have a great fight. Congrats clapping.gif

Thanks everyone, as for the 33" that's awesome lol. Just means I will try harder today to beat that I am heading back up for some more carp tonight. My heart was alright tackling the carp thank god, I am lucky for that. My job was alot more physical I was lifting over 40 000 lbs in a 8 hour day. But hope I get a monster over 33" inches and and water should be calm maybe some walleye tonight.

Chris

Thanks Roy. I will have bigger and I mean bigger and better then any of those posted tomorrow. I don't know what happened to the other post between myself and Fish'n freak but if they were blocked thank you I would rather that then this go bad I posted as I was happy with my day fishing.

Chris