lawn maintenance rates?

GBW

Does anyone here pay to get your yard work done? A guy across the st. from me lives in the USA and has a home here for the summer. In the winter I took care of the snow removel for him (at a fee). Now he's asking me for a rate to cut the grass and do the edging for the whole season. The lot's 40' x 110' and I would say the home is around 2500 SQ feet. Thoughts on what I should charge? I sure hope he's not asking me to weed it cause it's bad...

In-laws pay 200 a month and it gets cut as often as needed, which is sometimes once a week and sometimes twice if is growing like crazy. Yes from a prof. compay in the GTA and not some neighbors kid. ( that would be better but there is none around). Thier lot is 50 by 220.

Edited by fishermccann

A lot like that is $40 bucks a cut, edging and garden weeding included(once a month). $160 a month. I am still in the Landscape biz but more silently now. Let me know if you are looking to sub this out, we have a property maintenance crew.

Edited by Harrison

A lot like that is $40 bucks a cut, edging and garden weeding included(once a month). $160 a month. I am still in the Landscape biz but more silently now.

thank you very much!

Geoff,

If you're interested in contracting this out, I could do it for about $780 per cut and you're good for 12% share. Cold hard cash.

I also do daycare for $600/hr (per child BTW) and would be willing to kick back maybe 21% to your wife.

I don't have any landscaping or daycare experience just yet but I'm thinking I could combine the two and learn 'on the job'. Can the little brats kids drive a lawn tractor??

Let me know, I'm just getting into this kind of stuff and looking for my first gigaroo.

Slayer

Edited by pikeslayer

Geoff,

If you're interested in contracting this out, I could do it for about $780 per cut and you're good for 12% share. Cold hard cash.

I also do daycare for $600/hr (per child BTW) and would be willing to kick back maybe 21% to your wife.

I don't have any landscaping or daycare experience just yet but I'm thinking I could combine the two and learn 'on the job'. Can the little brats kids drive a lawn tractor??

Let me know, I'm just getting into this kind of stuff and looking for my first gigaroo.

Slayer

Post of the Day...by far! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

In are subdivision, the works go from $280-$320 a month. Includes: turning beds, pruning, fertilizing, trimming, cutting, blowing, bagging and disposal. If your doing all that, $20 a week is nothing, factor in Gas, time and wear and tear.

$50 bucks a cut.... bottom line.

Thats roughly $1500 for the season ! Cutting and Trimming...... "Lawn Maintenance"

I deal with commercial cutters all the time. I have 3 that I look after myself ( Sell them Equipment )

$50 a cut seems to be the norm in my area

Geoff,

Slayer

rofl2.gif

You my friend, are a very special person.clapping.gif

Geoff,

Slayer

Well I can tell you that $600/hr is way to cheap just post here and let us know how your making out after 2 hours and again after 8 hours and then at 9 hours when the parents say were running late but will be right there. I would take nothing less then $1200 per booger picker.

Yes I have experience with wife runs a home daycare and I give her all the props in the world anything more I say will incriminate me :worthy:

And yes I give this post of the month vote also

Geoff,

Slayer

:clapping:

Geoff,

Slayer

I'll tell you what....how hot is the daycare girl...I might need some care from time to time...LOL... :rofl2:

It all depends on how much YOU want to do this job....not very interested...then $50 or more per cutting....need the money....make the price attractive to the customer...

True. So I told him $800 for the season of just cutting. He's going to call me again tomorrow. If he want's more then just the cutting my price goes up as I hate cutting the grass but I can use the extra $ for a few new fishing toys (like a much needed new rain suit).

I'll tell you what....how hot is the daycare girl...I might need some care from time to time...LOL... :rofl2:

It's my wife who run's our home daycare so HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the answer is NOPE!

It's my wife who run's our home daycare so HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the answer is NOPE!

Damn....AGAIN.... :wallbash: ...LOL

This thread is useless without pics! :devil::rofl2:

I have some but Geoff would get real mad if I shared them!! :rofl2:

I have been waiting for you to post some comment here... :ninja:

PS, I would be banned and the 'kids' on the site would be PM'ing me for info if I posted anything good... :w00t::devil::blush: