Gas prices

Awesome. Should go from 120 to fill my truck up to 117.75. Right on. Awesome. I am going to buy a coffee and a doughnut to celebrate. Lol.

Couldn't tell the story more...you might need a few extra cents for the Timmy's coffee price hike...so -7cents off the coffee haha

Always great to see gas prices drop and I hate to rain on the parade but this drop is ridiculous. Oil prices drop $10 and gas only goes down 3 cents? Put another way oil dropped over 8% and oil cost supposedly represents about 75% of the cost of gas. So then we should have seen a 6% decrease in the price of gas. Where the hell did the other 4% go? Of course that's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer.

Edited by timmeh

Funny we are buying foreign oil from our own country. it is called the rape of canadian

resources..

I don't think the word rape fits. Rape is not voluntary and there is no compensation. Now voluntary with compensation is called something else.... :sarcasm:

Art

I saw this posted on another fishing website with a similar thread discussion. I neither agree or disagree with the statements contained herewithin :huh: , but I thought it was interesting enough that I'd repost here:

QUOTE:

it takes three weeks for the price at the pump to drop after the barrel price drops. it takes three hours for the price to go up at the pump after barrel price goes up. the wall street people make our price. it cost the same to pump and refine it as it ever did. the people selling it in the middle east sell it the for what the wall street scum say they buy it for and then sell it for. but they never buy or sell it. they just make reciepts saying they did. weird huh? when gas went up two years ago, to $150 a barrel, it was $4 at the pump. now at $110 a barrel its $4 at the pump. and it still cost what it did ten years ago to pump and refine it. thats why we killed saddam hussein. he had so much oil and sold it cheap. we tried it with hugo chavez too. he kicked exxon out of his country to socialize oil and it did great things for his people. gave them cheap gas and created money for education and healthcare for venezuelans. we demonized him for looking out for his own people cuz white people here had to work harder to get rich. if we kicked out exxon and socialized oil we would pay what it cost to pump and refine it, about 50 cents a gallon. wall street traders who dont own it and never will or did wouldnt make money off of us using it. right now, if we drilled in alaska, exxon would pretend to sell the oil to wall street and we would still pay $4 a gallon. i support drilling in alaska only after we socialize oil. then it will help americans and not just exxonians who pay politicians to help them screw you and me over. viva capitalism

END QUOTE

By the way, as you might have noticed, this was posted on an American fishing board I read :D