Attawapiskat May 21-28

My group is slated to fish Eddie's main camp on the Attawapiskat river May 21-28.

Driving up on Friday the 20th, back (weather permitting) very late Sat night May 28.

We're the first group in camp this year and with this years water levels the trophy pike fishing will be as good as it gets.

Quite unexpectedly 2 members of our group of 6 were forced to cancel recently.

I've asked just about everyone I can think of with no interest so figured I'd post this publicly.

If anyone's interested in joining let me know!

Obviously 2 people that know each other would be best, but we can pair up two singles if need be.

Price is $1200 Canadian tax in for the week.

Cheers

Guest gbfisher

If I wasn't going away the week after that I would have probably gone. Sounds like a great trip for anyone who has never been on a good early Pike Bite.

if you posted it a week or so earlier I might have been able to swing it................that would be a great trip

I sure hope you fill the spots

AWWW CMON TERRY!!!

You can bask in the glow that is ME!!!! rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

I'll even sign autographs!!! blahblah1.gifblahblah1.gif

Would love to go, but this damn thing called "WORK" keeps me from doing things I want to do.

I'm sure someone will grab the chance.

You only live once.

If I wasn't going away the week after that I would have probably gone. Sounds like a great trip for anyone who has never been on a good early Pike Bite.

Too bad Andy, bad timing.

Man you are killing me!

I have a wedding to attend on the May 24 weekend. I was pissed that someone would plan their wedding for that weekend as is! Now I am rotten! lol

Ab

A wedding? I'd bail on that for sure unless it was mine.

Still, someone I asked can't go because of a Gordon Lightfoot concert on the long weekend. :rolleyes: (Oh Gord... :whistling: )

Priorities gentlemen, priorities.

if you posted it a week or so earlier I might have been able to swing it................that would be a great trip

I sure hope you fill the spots

Just go for it Terry. Whatever's transpired in the last week can't be that important. :whistling:

AWWW CMON TERRY!!!

You can bask in the glow that is ME!!!! rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

I'll even sign autographs!!! blahblah1.gifblahblah1.gif

Easy now, you're going to scare everyone away! :)

Damn you Mike!! I would LOVE to join you....Im in Vancouver for my annual conference.

Have a good time....and give me warning when you post the report. I will need lots of booze on hand to drink away my sorrows. haha.

Dont get chances like this very often to those that can, take advantage!!

Damn you Mike!! I would LOVE to join you....Im in Vancouver for my annual conference.

Have a good time....and give me warning when you post the report. I will need lots of booze on hand to drink away my sorrows. haha.

While the report will fantstic I'm sure, but the HD video I'm shooting will be epic!!!!! whistling.gif

Too bad Rob, it would've been great if you could make it.

While the report will fantstic I'm sure, but the HD video I'm shooting will be epic!!!!! whistling.gif

I'm sure we'll all bask in the glow of your video too, no doubt. :D

Mike

Are you going into Beteau??? or Richter??

There is likely still ice on Richter!!

Rick

As mentioned Rick the main camp on the Attawapiskat river. (Beteau. Richter is not on the Attawapiskat. ;) )

No worries about ice.

Damn chemo schedule and the unknown that goes with it... :wallbash:

If anyone has a good excuse not to go and also a real need for a trip like this it's you Wayne.

On another note for those who don't know, there is unlimited use of both satellite phone and internet at the camp.

A couple guys had expressed interest but were worried about being cut off from civilization for various reasons.

I don't know how you guys can't be concerned about the ice being out. I live hundreds of km's south of where you guys are going and have been iced out several times on May long. And it was one mother of a cold winter up here this year. Hope it all works out for ya's.

I don't know how you guys can't be concerned about the ice being out. I live hundreds of km's south of where you guys are going and have been iced out several times on May long. And it was one mother of a cold winter up here this year. Hope it all works out for ya's.

The ice in the river won't be long before it's out Dan.

The only issue is the ice at the airbase in Nakina. It'll be out by then.

Hey Mike

There should be enough water flow to move the ice on Beteau!!!

Not sure about Richter!!

Get the "Big Guy"

The 50" 'er is there!!!

I am working the 21st!!! Trying to Save enough$$$ to go in 2012!!!

Who wants to go up in 2012?????

I have been talking to Eddie We need Min 4, and preferably 6 to book a week!!!

More options if we have 6.

Mike do you or Doug want a Guiding Job!!!!!! or Maybe I should get Doug's Dad!!!!

Rick

Oh, it's pretty simple in this day and age Dan.

A little thing they call the internet. whistling.gif

Here's some recent pics of the river. clapping.gif

Attawapiskat PICs May 1 2011

Oh, it's pretty simple in this day and age Dan.

A little thing they call the internet. whistling.gif

Here's some recent pics of the river. clapping.gif

Attawapiskat PICs May 1 2011

And here's the ice conditions in my neck of the woods, several hundred km's south of where you're headed, courtesy of the internet. I'm planning on fishing one of those white areas on the map. I still say that you guys are pushing your luck. I've been in blizzard conditions in mid June on the Winisk, not far from where you guys are going. Not wishing you guys any bad luck, but there was snow on my vehicles this morning and my furnace was running for much of the day here.

nipice.jpg

Mike do you or Doug want a Guiding Job!!!!!! or Maybe I should get Doug's Dad!!!!

Rick

I don't come cheap. :lol:

Living in Barrie I'm going to guess you must be a friend of Dougs?

This trip still sounds amazing and would be something to do before I die just not in the books this year.

Too bad Mike, would have loved to have you join us.

On the bright side your lures will be well represented up there this spring.

They'll be put to the test. ;)