The Price Of Gas!!!!!

jim

restaurant grease is free...if you play your cards right ...you might be able to charge the restaurant for getting rid of it ...then it pays to drive.. :whistling:

If you want to destroy your diesel, that's the best way to do it.

It a small thing but if everyone did it I believe it would have some effect. I put only 10 bucks worth of gas in my vehicle at a time unless I'm going somewhere. Decreasing demand is the only way to hurt the oil companies.

How is that going to decrease demand? You will just have to fill up more often.

IAM not voting at all until. I hear them talking about the gas prices. ITS TIME TO DO SOMETHING.

WANT to really mess them all up .. VOTE for the BLOC. HELL YA!!!.

Edited by mrpike

IAM not voting at all until. I hear them talking about the gas prices. ITS TIME TO DO SOMETHING.

WANT to really mess them all up .. VOTE for the BLOC. HELL YA!!!.

Living outside Quebec makes that very difficult...

I fill my pickup every 2-2.5 weeks, 90ish liters or so, $1.35 here in London and $1.24 14 kms away in St.Thomas needless to say, I honestly can't remember the last time I filled my pick-up in London, I'm sure it's been more than 2 years probably closer to 3....

jjcanoe

Sure . . . . convince yourself to buy a hybrid . . . . it runs on electricity for nearly 80 kilometers, THEN gas! Plus it costs anywhere from about $6000.00 more (Honda) to $12,000.00 more (Volt) to save from up to $250.00 to a max of $1000.00 a year on fuel costs? Or trade in your guzzler, at a cost of $10,000+ and save maybe $1200.00 to $1500.00+ a year on fuel. I'm gonna keep driving my Montana van, slower & a lot less, and save a few bucks. When I bought it new, (2008) it cost about $75.00 for a fill-up from near bone dry, yesterday . . . $117.00!

P. S.

Has ANYONE out there ever checked out the cost of the replacement and availability of the hybrid battery system?

if you want to send a message to the gas companies, don't waste your time, they won't listen and don't care.

the only way a protest will work is in a small one station town, and here's what will happen, get the residents of the town together and organize your picket, stop buying gas from the station, and keep tourists/passerbys from doing the same for a few days or more. If you can manage not getting arrested long enough, the station will close down....YOU WIN!!!!!!!!! now you need to drive out of town for gas :wallbash:

jjcanoe

My situation lately is going to reduce my fuel costs by about $120 per month.

My '04 Buick LeSabre (24.2mpg calculated) was written off a couple weeks ago (not my fault yay!) so I bought a '11 Chevrolet Cruze with a manual shift (so far 32mpg average after 1500Km). I drive about 60,000Km per year so this will drop the costs.

At the same time the company increased our mileage allowance by 5¢ per Km..... so its getting cheaper for me to drive even though the fuel prices are going up up up....

Burt :)

Or trade in your guzzler, at a cost of $10,000+ and save maybe $1200.00 to $1500.00+ a year on fuel. I'm gonna keep driving my Montana van, slower & a lot less, and save a few bucks. When I bought it new, (2008) it cost about $75.00 for a fill-up from near bone dry, yesterday . . . $117.00!

well

I traded in a gas guzzler for a diesel burner.....

first week I saved 57 bucks in fuel........so each month I will save enough to pay the small loan I took out to buy the used(new to me) fuel efficient vehicle....

plus it is 8 years newer so it should have less repairs and more dependable ...

in some cases it makes sense to get rid of the money pit...

Has ANYONE out there ever checked out the cost of the replacement and availability of the hybrid battery system? [/size]

A colleague of mine was told that it would cost $7,000 to replace the battery in a Prius. I am not if she had accurate information or not.

I switch my F150 over to propane Jan 2010 I have been saving 250.00 a month at .65cents for propane Best thing I've done.Cost to install $4500. $750.oo back from the government,$58.oo for 90 liter of propane,$117.00 for 90 liter of gas Even if propane goes up,it will be cheaper than gas.