The Pinery Provincial Park

msp

Hey guys,

last week I posted about Bon Echo P.P. and appreciate the feedback that I got from OFC Looks like we have booked 4 days in August.

Now Im wondering if anybody has had any experience with The Pinery P.P.

I have heard great things about the park. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

A bunch of us went down there when we were around 20 years old on a "dry" week-end. 10 minutes after we get there a "Yogi" (not sure if that term still exists)spots a case of beer in one of our trunks as we are setting up...booted our butts out of the park. Needless to say my experience at the Pineries was not a good one.

I grew up camping at the pinery. great park but very busy and hard to book a site during the summer. Great beach,Grand Bend only a clicks down the road,the river inside the park has canoe rentals. The fishing use to be fairly descent for bass and at one time they use to stock rainbow trout in the river above the tiny dam. I use to catch pike bass and panfish from the top side dam from shore. The lower side we caught bass,carp,crappy,sunfish,rock bass,and dogfish. If you canoe on the lower side there are plenty of weeds which hold pike,bass and dogfish,man there are a blast to catch and very tough.

The Pinery is hands down my favourity provincial park in southern ontario. Beaches are comprable to north carolina. As mentioned the sites are hard to get, we ususally book six months to the day we want to go. the "dunes" campground is the best by far, several of the sites back right onto the sand dunes. The conservation offices are young go getter type teenagers and love nothing more than to flash their big cat flashlights in your face and bust your chops, however, I seldom get harrased by them in the dunes area.

They have a diner in the park that makes great food to.

The Pinery is hands down my favourity provincial park in southern ontario. Beaches are comprable to north carolina. As mentioned the sites are hard to get, we ususally book six months to the day we want to go. the "dunes" campground is the best by far, several of the sites back right onto the sand dunes. The conservation offices are young go getter type teenagers and love nothing more than to flash their big cat flashlights in your face and bust your chops, however, I seldom get harrased by them in the dunes area.

They have a diner in the park that makes great food to.

^^^^ X2. I agree with addy79 which is rare because he is stupid looking and sucks at fishing. The dunes sites are great and the beaches are fantasic. I have been there three times with big groups of drinkers and we have never been harrassed by the park officals but maybe we have just been lucky thus far. The fishing in the park its self is a mixed bag. We fished the river one year and only ended up with a few small bass and rock bass. Apparently there is pike in there or so I am told.

Edited by Whitemikeca

Check out Sandbanks,its probably booked already but its an awesome park and you might get to do a little fishing. Pinery is also good but the Park Yogies are power hungry..but for good reason they have endured alot over the years with partiers. If you are a young family you'll like it.But stay away from the Dunes campground,or you won't like it. Another really good park is Killbear on Georgian bay. Ive probablly been to 40 or so parks and these by far were our favs.

An overrated park.. used to go as a kid and finally returned as an adult two summers ago.. I/we were disappointed.

Sandbanks is better if yo want a beach experience.. and you can fish the Quinte region if you camp there, too