S'UP from Honduras!!

highdrifter

Hey gang,

Just stopping in to say hello.. Been a fantastic week so far. I'm seriously thinking of taking an extended leave of absence, who knows, I might just stay.. The Island life and flats fishing is da bomb!! Simply put, it's paradise here.

Soo, here's a shot taken with my guide's cell phone (my camera got dunked lol) I've been out twice hunting these fish and I must say that it is the most challenging type of angling .. From spotting fish, to laying a perfect cast to line management, it's the epitamy of fly fishing.

My first permit!!

Photo-0004.jpg?t=1302787089

cheers

HD

Edited by Highdrifter

I was in Isle of Roatan a month or so ago. Amazing place, but didn't do any fishing. Saw tons of them including a Permit while snorkelling the reefs there.

It is definitely a place I would like to go back to.

I have a buddy that lives in Roatan that stayed with me last month.

Might have to get him to return the favour sometime. :whistling:

I have a buddy that lives in Roatan that stayed with me last month.

Might have to get him to return the favour sometime. :whistling:

Tones of permit on the west side.. My guide and new best brah's name is Greg Baldwin.. He's from Colorado and has worked in Alaska for fish and game.. Could it be?!?!

I was in Isle of Roatan a month or so ago. Amazing place, but didn't do any fishing. Saw tons of them including a Permit while snorkelling the reefs there.

It is definitely a place I would like to go back to.

We had awesome snorkeling just a short swim away from our boat. Good to see that the reefs were still in prime condition.. Need to get certified and do a real dive next time. cheers!

Wow buddy you have just accomplished a very rare feat. You are now a master. All you have left is to catch a grandslam of bill fish. IMPRESSIVE

Hahah thanks dude. 3 days on the flats for that one fish.. We must have spotted over 60 on the last day.. We had a whole school cruise by the boat on both sides and not even a sniff.. I pulled my fly from a taker and that was the closest I ever got to a second fish. My guide almost socked me with his flats pole Hahah!!

Here's one more shot and a close-up of the head.. Crazy forked talk and dorsal shaped like a scythe. And huge eyes for spotting prey and predators. A marvel of evolution. 3 fish charged for this rutter cutter and this one got to it first.. She absolutely crushed it!! :blink:

Photo-0003.jpg?t=1303257242

Photo-0005.jpg?t=1303256983

Hopefully I'll have some video and more pics soon. B)

its snowing here right now :wallbash: if i was you i would take the extended leave of absence without a thought..

Nice fish and i hope that isnt your lucky scarf now :blink:

I hate being jealous :blush:

Cheers

Edited by Twocoda