Fish Recipes Section on the board?

Black_Blade

Fresh Fish Recipe Collection  

35 members have voted

1. 1. In favour of a section of forum just for fish recipes?

• Yes
    • No

Thought I would try out making a poll, after reading some posts of suggested recipes from a recent thread. Having a separate section where we can contribute recipes and maybe even some action photos of the cooking (shore lunches or bbqing etc)

Edited by Black Blade

I am an avid google user...lol, just thought it might be cool to have our own section where members can post up there own recipes and maybe some pics. Our own community kitchen per se...Heck, I don't even know if it is easy or difficult to modify a forum to do that. Was just throwing the idea out there.

My jigs dinner is perfect, thanks Brian. Taught by a born and raised down homer. tongue.gif

Funny, you didnt say yer peas pudden was done perfect,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :whistling::jerry:

The one thing I miss the most and still cant make, is my nans mollasses pudden covered with some cabbage,smothered in salty gravy. Man that was a meal in it,s self.Freshly home made bread to sup up the drippings. :canadian:

Oh, there was always some fresh baked cod fillets.

I can talk about it now, as Im full of a great jig feed. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Misfish

Not knowing what a jigs dinner was, google came to the rescue again...lol. It reminds me the boiled dinners my mom used to make as a kid (not quite the same tho), it was always made on the big washing days when sheets and stuff were done. Bunch of different vegetables thrown into pot with either pork hocks or a smoked pork shoulder. Still recall belly aching about it as a kid, but as grew older we then used to beg mom to make one....lol.

Not knowing what a jigs dinner was, google came to the rescue again...lol. It reminds me the boiled dinners my mom used to make as a kid (not quite the same tho), it was always made on the big washing days when sheets and stuff were done. Bunch of different vegetables thrown into pot with either pork hocks or a smoked pork shoulder. Still recall belly aching about it as a kid, but as grew older we then used to beg mom to make one....lol.

Salt beef bud,salf beef.Smoked pork shoulder is for peas soup. See,this is why we neeed a OFC FOOD CHANNEL. :clapping:

Google this.LOL

BB

Here ya go.And no,I dont wash or soak mine.

http://hubpages.com/hub/NEWFOUNDLAND-BOILED-DINNER---JIGS-DINNER

Edited by Misfish

My Fav Trout cookin

I take a lake trout fillet----marinade in a bowl with Italian salad dressing---little drop or 2 of lemon juice--salt-pepper-garlic powder -- couple hours

Get a cedar plank at grocery store---soak in sink all day

Put on BBQ with trout on top------There is no better fish anywhere on this earth

Fried Perch or Walleye in butter just salt and pepper, Green tomato chow, Fiddleheads on the side or homemade baked molasses beans, and fresh baked bread. Life doesn't get any better. :good: "Dam" now I'm hungry. :P

Give me 30 minutes or so, and Im good to go round 2. :thumbsup_anim:

Me mudder makes a mean bake molasses bean. And yes,the fresh baked bread,,,,,,ok stop it now. :wallbash:

Salt beef bud,salf beef.Smoked pork shoulder is for peas soup. See,this is why we neeed a OFC FOOD CHANNEL. :clapping:

Google this.LOL

BB

Here ya go.And no,I dont wash or soak mine.

http://hubpages.com/hub/NEWFOUNDLAND-BOILED-DINNER---JIGS-DINNER

Oh I know all about the home made pea soup with the ham bones, home made baked beans...my dad didn't like the saucy kind, it was all layers of beans with layers of salt pork strips, more beans and top layer was thick sliced bacon...then baked up.

Haven't had a decent piece of home made bread for long time...lost art in our family now, sure wish would have paid more attention to when mom used to do it.

I am an avid google user...lol, just thought it might be cool to have our own section where members can post up there own recipes and maybe some pics. Our own community kitchen per se...Heck, I don't even know if it is easy or difficult to modify a forum to do that. Was just throwing the idea out there.

Its not difficult at all to add another section. Its just up to the mods to login to back end admin section and add them. I think its a great idea, recipes with pictures woul be nice. From catching, gutting, filleting, cooking and eating. The whole story behind the meal :D

i think this is a great idea.!

there is a million ways to cook fish and game. not any one of us could posably try them all out.

a forum that allows us to share results among ourselves would be invaluable.

just a thought.

we might even look at locking it out to the general public?

the same with sharing current fishing and hunting info.?

just saying that whenever i look at whos on line it seems that the guest are just as many as the members.

not to say that OFC should not be a public forum just that mabey it would be nice to share info with contributing members on selected forums? where you must be sined in.

saltydawg

thumbsup_anim.gifGonefishing.gif