Shipping costs, what a joke

Cudz

I bought 2 lures Northern Bass in the states and had them shipped here. I asked for the cheapest postal rate. When I checked out the total for my purchases was $25.99. They sent a confirmation email with the total befor shipping. When I received the package I had been charged $18.95 for shipping!!!!! That was the first time I had been informed of the shipping cost.

My 2 lures cost over $44.00.

I am used to ordering lures from another guy in the states and his charges are always $3.99 (they used to be $3.50) and they arrive just a s fast.

Anyway I talked to the owner and informed him that I was not happy with the shipping costs. He did offer to refund me $7 but I have just decided to take my business elsewhere. Live and learn.

I am done venting

Wow!

That seems almost as outrageous as 99.9% of the sellers on ebay's shipping charges. You should have taken the $7 and take your business elsewhere. That is completely unacceptable, especially from a retailer such as Northern Bass. My question is, were there duty charges involved?

Wow!

That seems almost as outrageous as 99.9% of the sellers on ebay's shipping charges. You should have taken the $7 and take your business elsewhere. That is completely unacceptable, especially from a retailer such as Northern Bass. My question is, were there duty charges involved?

No Duty.

I have never been charged duty on lures under $40

No Duty.

I have never been charged duty on lures under $40

Was is USPS or UPS? Never ship anything UPS, they handle their own clearance and seem to charge whatever they want. Sounds like a lot for USPS, maybe the seller marked up the actual shipping cost and called it "handling".

was it strait shipping fees or was there broker fees like UPS sucks out of us each time they are the courier from the USA

Straight shipping fee. No broker fees it was USPS regular postal service.

From Northern Bass shipping rates to Canada

$0.01 - $25.00 = $16.95

$25.00 - $49.99 = $18.95

Too bad my 2 lures cost $25.98

Edited by Cudz

Straight shipping fee. No broker fees it was USPS regular postal service.

From Northern Bass shipping rates to Canada

$0.01 - $25.00 $16.95

$25.00 - $49.99 $18.95

They are most likely using USPS flat rate shipping.

USPS has 4 differnt sized flat rate boxes that businesses can use and ship up to 70# for a flat rate.

That same package you recieved could theoretically have been filled with 70# of leadhead jigs and shipped for the same price.

There are lots of other stores that charge the same way (x dollars in goods = so much shipping) including Bass Pro and Cabelas.

Your real complaint is they didn't tell you before they shipped it so you could have cancelled the transaction if you had wanted to.

Guest LivingLegend

Well if you lose them lures you better dive in after them. It just make ya wanna not shop in the US when Bull like that happens. I have had a couple situations like that. Pretty much a hit or miss deal.......

That is one of the biggest scams out there Shipping/Handling this way they can say its the Handling part.

I don't know why some of our NON Friends from the south want to over charge us up here? Is it to make the extra cash for them selves or is it to save them the hassle of shipping to Canada?

I know I always try and remember to ask and get the shipping before I give my credit card as I to fell into one of them traps years ago.

shipping rates are so much cheaper from the USA to Canada I don't understand why some charge that much extra.

I hope them lures work great for ya.

I ordered 4 lures from them Cudz....my shipping was $19.95. I'm splitting the purchase with someone else...so that helps....but the total price for 4 lures was $71. So we are at $17/lure, to your $22. Still hurts....but I definitely have an itchy trigger finger now rolleyes.gif

I'm about 20 minutes from the Peace Bridge and only 10 minutes from the Galleria Mall here in Cheektowaga (Buffalo area)....If you ever want PM me and I'll give you my address, ship them to me and we can meet at the mall for your stuff.....I'm retired and I'm available most days.

Bob

I'm about 20 minutes from the Peace Bridge and only 10 minutes from the Galleria Mall here in Cheektowaga (Buffalo area)....If you ever want PM me and I'll give you my address, ship them to me and we can meet at the mall for your stuff.....I'm retired and I'm available most days.

Bob

Cool offer.

thanks