ITS CAT TIME

Fishmaster

Well guys and gals the Cat season has started ...fished the rocks out front of the store today and can you say FISH-ON all fish caught on fresh brined cut bait 3 oz slip sinker with 4/0 and 5/0 circle hooks ....Derby Starts Friday April 1st till May 8th

IMG00687.jpg

Luke with a 22lber

IMG00187-20110330-1829.jpg

That's awesome Steve, thanks for letting everyone know. I have been waiting to hear that they are back!

In regards to the comment by "Brifishrgy" ... in what way shape or form is it spam when someone posts that they are catching fish, and they include the bait and on what rig?

This is a fishing site and also a community made up of some of the very best fishermen and women in Southern Ontario and beyond. I come here for information, to see who is catching fish and where and more often than not to read and enjoy the adventures of others. There is a great amount of joy and pleasure posted on these pages. Please think about that in the future when posting negative opinions or comments, as they certainly have an inpact on the overall feel of a post and this forum.

Channel Cats start to run up the rivers and streams from the lake in the spring to breed, they can be caught in many areas, the fact that Fishmaster has posted that he is catching them in no way shape or form is spam, it is a "fishing related post". Cats can be caught anywhere and with almost anything...

The Channel Cat Derby is a 100% cash back derby... I know lots of people who were waiting on hearing that the cats are in the river, thanks so much to Steve and Luke. I know my family will be out there chasing after a fish that beats the almost 30lber last year.

In regards to the comment by "Brifishrgy" ... in what way shape or form is it spam when someone posts that they are catching fish, and they include the bait and on what rig?

I call it as I see it, at least he actually had some pictures this year

Gave it a shot today with a couple buddies. No fish, no bites. Maybe the fish were playing an april fools joke on us, but I'm not laughing.

Gotta get'em when the suns out shinning right now...still early but if you can get out when the suns beating on you, still early season the bite will improve but you get the bigguns now.

Gotta get'em when the suns out shinning right now...still early but if you can get out when the suns beating on you, still early season the bite will improve but you get the bigguns now.

Yeah we went on april 13th last year and were "too late"

I guess this year we were too early. We'll be back when it warms up a bit.

At least we had fun playing fetch with fishmasters dog.

Gave it a shot today with a couple buddies. No fish, no bites. Maybe the fish were playing an April fools joke on us, but I'm not laughing.

The water in the river is 38F the best temps for cats is 70F to89F the cats are there but they are not going to travel far to get bait.That being said if you get your bait near the fish they will eat Last year at this time the water in the river was 52 F a big difference we need a week of warm weather or warm rains to get the cat moving.