BPS daily specials

Good luck with your BPS baitcaster. Let us know how smooth it is when the pound of grease they lubed up the gears with ends up all over the inside of the reel. At least BPS is good with returns of their own products.

Did anyone notice if they have restocked the Pro Qualifier gore-Tex suits? All the bibs left over were 2xl, 3xl or small. Need the blue in a large.

:dunno: I have a couple other BPS reels and have not had a grease problem and like you say BPS stands behind their products unlike another store and reel company that shall remain nameless!!! :o

:dunno: I have a couple other BPS reels and have not had a grease problem and like you say BPS stands behind their products unlike another store and reel company that shall remain nameless!!! :o

If Im wrong here, Im wrong,but I recall being told the BPS reels were made by Shimano or through contact. :dunno:

Edited by Misfish

I was there this morning as well.

The guys attacked those table of spinnerbaits like Oprah Winfrey at an all you can eat buffet!!!

If you toook your time there were a few good ones in the pile.

Im lucky the ddint have any Loomis NRX spinning rods there or I would have been very broke.

Picked up a cople inline planer rods and some lure eyes....thats about it

And you guys question your better halfs when they run out to a shoe sale, when they already have a good pair...... :D

More baits for the bottom of the big tackle box that'll never see water... :whistling:

(yah.. I know.. I'm one to talk! LOL)

Wayne if you dont want them double D's to sit in your box let me know LOL

I'll ask while I'm there tomorrow.

Brian, I believe Gord is correct here. I was told that Pflueger was their major supplier of house brand reels. This info came from a friend and looong time employee of the Headquarters store in Missouri. Of course other companies might produce specific models or types of reel for them. I have had several BPS brand reels for many years and were trouble free.

I went first thing before class this morning to grab some of the spinners...On my way I was thinking of sitting in the car for a few minutes until BPS opened...you know...so not to look like I was JUST DYING TO GET THOSE LURES!!heh...but when I arrived around 8:50 or so, there was a lineup from the doors almost to the parking lot...wasn't expecting that, though I probably should have.

i was kind of pressed for time, so I picked a few lucky colours, escaped the frenzy and went on my way...Apparently there were more than a few guys that grabbed 10...threw 'em in the car...came back, grabbed 10 more...and so on. A few brought their wives to "buy 10 for themselves"(good call, gentlemen). I saw one guy carrying around a basket FULL of them, looked like 100 of em! haha (I wish I could have seen the look on his face when he got to the checkout and was told "10 per customer" :)

Anywho, on my way home from school I came back to meet a buddy there around dinner time. Nothin' left but some white/chartreuse Super Stainless/T-2'S and the odd Pond Hopper. In hindsight I wish I grabbed more T-1s instead of the SS's this morning (better buy and I reckon the SS's wont last long in pike waters)...but hey, at 2 bucks a pop, I guess I can afford to bust a few this summer.

Gettin' the itch... :Gonefishing:

I didn't even see them... :wallbash: mind you all I was thinking about was teh new rod and reel I was getting. I even had the list from Brian to get them too. I guess being up since 2:30 was having an affect on me. :sleeping_02:

I went first thing before class this morning to grab some of the spinners...On my way I was thinking of sitting in the car for a few minutes until BPS opened...you know...so not to look like I was JUST DYING TO GET THOSE LURES!!heh...but when I arrived around 8:50 or so, there was a lineup from the doors almost to the parking lot...wasn't expecting that, though I probably should have.

Were you with a buddy and pull in front of a dark grey Subaru at 8:50? If so, that was me in front of you. I had time to kill after being up since 2:30 AM... HAHA

I was there right when it opened too to pick up a few new things. The JMS reel being top on my list followed but the new lures. The rod I picked at the end of it all was never on my short list of rods to look at, in fact it was never on the list at all.

100_2994.jpg

100_2995.jpg

100_2996.jpg

I think I got lucky only spending as much as I did cause I could have spent a whole lot more and then had to beg the Mrs to keep it when she get's home... :whistling:

Edited by GBW

I spent some time and money at the BPS today.

I didn't see too many deals - live target frogs were cheaper this week at CTC as was the Sufix braid. 2 of my must-have items (so I bought them at CTC).

Still it's a fun way to spend an afternoon along with the lunch buffet at the Mandarin that's nearby - although I'm paying for it right now.