Mr Heater- 1lb propane refiller

pics

Lowes in East Hamilton has them on clearance for $15....It's a small device that transfers propane from the 20 lb tanks to the 1 lb tanks.It pays for itself in only 4 refills. I'm not sure on the legalities of it all but it saves the tanks from going to the dump :thumbsup_anim: .....I have only had 1 that leaked and I put it onto a heater..leak solved... They are on an end isle near the plants etc.... :whistling:

Here a great article on how to refill your disposable bottles. It looks like the writer takes all proper precautions.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Refill-Disposable-Propane-Tank-from-a-Standard-BBQ/

He's got a great point about getting empty tanks from campgrounds / parks. This saves you even more money.

the trick is you want the small bottles really cold and you want the big tank warm

so winter time small bottles outside and bring big tank inside to warm up before you do it

summer time big tank outside and bottles in freezer before filling them

big tank upside down and you are best to fill them twice

fill then let them stand for 10 minutes in the cold and refill

it is possible to over fill but no worry of them exploding as they would need a lot more pressure then that to explode..but if they are completely filled with liquid propane they will spit out liquid, not gas so the heater will not work right..if that happens just let a bit squirt out...

don't do it in a fish hut, because when you do get it to light the hut will lift off the ground..at that point knuckle hair and eyebrows will be optional ...

after a few of years of use some valves do stick open and the propane will all leak out of the 1lb bottle..(if you take good care of them and put the black caps back on them between uses this may not happen..I don't)

you can screw it onto the heater to stop it or have a blowtorch ready to screw onto it to stop the leaking......once you use a leaking valve bottle throw it out

I have had 2 do it in the last 3 years...no big deal

don't do it in a fish hut, because when you do get it to light the hut will lift off the ground..at that point knuckle hair and eyebrows will be optional ...

HAHA, do tell how you know this Terry... :whistling:

That was the best moment of 2010... for US anyhow.. Terry not so much ! :rofl2:

And as he says, although I didn't think it was possible, you can definitely overfill them. Lloyd almost burned down my newly renovated bathroom when he sparked up the portable shower unit one night! Liquid flames... :w00t::w00t:

I went by Lowe's on Wednesday and pick up an adaptor. I went by again on Thursday to pick one up for my buddy (his Lowe's was sold out). It turns out mine is out of stock now as well!? I ask the guy and he checks his computer.

"That's the wierdes thing" he says.

"We sold 4 yesterday...We only sold 4 ALL last year!"

Did this post cause a run on this adaptor?? Could that be the power of OFC!

I went by Lowe's on Wednesday and pick up an adaptor. I went by again on Thursday to pick one up for my buddy (his Lowe's was sold out). It turns out mine is out of stock now as well!? I ask the guy and he checks his computer.

"That's the wierdes thing" he says.

"We sold 4 yesterday...We only sold 4 ALL last year!"

Did this post cause a run on this adaptor?? Could that be the power of OFC!

thats the exact reason why many people are reluctant to post their fishing spots online and get angry when others post honey holes....

im goin to get my adapter today :lol: