Shoot a coyote, win a prize!

splashhopper

i lived there .untill october of last year! saw courgers / and everything that goes on out their on a dayly basis. i miss it now only because im living in T.O on a temp basis . i will be going back! ill be the first in line for a cyoty tag!!! as for the 4 fawns i heard it from a local that i respect and trust. at the same time deer tags suddenly seem to be a waste of monney??? can you tell me why?

For several years coyotes have peaked my interest and have read many different scientific reports on them and the 4 fawns per week seems way out of line. But each and every area should be studied as it's own. You would be surprised what myths can be overturned by science. And hear say is our worst enemy at times.

Bob

It's legal to kill coyotes now.

What's all the interest??

Oh, I get it, someone might win something. Hahaha

I chuckle (sort of) at the increased frequency with which the, Lost "Fluffy", posters show up at the local post office.

Edited by nofish4me

i would be a fool not to agree with billybob. thats what im trying to say .!! something is wrong up their. science . bring on the MNR and any univercity that wants to preserve what ae have worked hard to maintain by following the rules otherwise it will just dissapear. PS so far i have seen 6 cyotys here!!! ya! 2 along lakeshore@park lawn and 4 north of the old mill (humber vally revine) where i currently am working. (whats up with that?)

Edited by saltydawg

i would be a fool not to agree with billybob. thats what im trying to say .!! something is wrong up their. science . bring on the MNR and any univercity that wants to preserve what ae have worked hard to maintain by following the rules otherwise it will just dissapear. PS so far i have seen 6 cyotys here!!! ya! 2 along lakeshore@park lawn and 4 north of the old mill (humber vally revine) where i currently am working. (whats up with that?)

If you're seeing that many yotes out in the open during daylight hours, you must have a severe problem.

just telling like itis (southern ontario should be aloud to shout them on site. if you are a land owner north of GTA with a firearms licence . ) shut up and do it! thats my take on this. chow4now going fishing in the morning.

An increase in preditor population usually indicates and increase in prey.What ever the local population of Coyotes is eating is abundant enough to support a higher number of them.Survival rates of their pups increases with increased food supply and general health of the pack.More pups equals bigger packs equals more siteings closer to human populations.

Locally speaking of course.

just telling like itis (southern ontario should be aloud to shout them on site. if you are a land owner north of GTA with a firearms licence . ) shut up and do it! thats my take on this. chow4now going fishing in the morning.

chickenwhistling.gif

I have see coyotes along the 401 at Victoria Park and another a Neilson. These two were seen in broad day light during rush hour trafic on the busiest stretch of highway in the world.

I am not sure if a contest is going to work when culling appearently doesn't (as per the minister in the original post).

Hasn't it been proven time and time again that culling DOES NOT eliminate "nuisance" wildlife? It would make much more sense for people with concerns to make sure they don't leave garbage available to wildlife :wallbash: (luring it to your backyard) and supervise your pets! Don't leave them available as a food source! Where I live, we have lived with this forever and don't have a huge problem. If there is a a particular animal causing a steady problem, it is dealt with on that basis.

Lots of local coyote hunters are happy to help out! Used to do a bit of this myself, but honestly I enjoy the sound of their chorus on my early morning walks :)

I chuckle (sort of) at the increased frequency with which the, Lost "Fluffy", posters show up at the local post office.

:clapping::rofl2::lol:

Yep, wonder how many poodles will end up on Wiley's dinner plate before the nay sayers see the light and agree the population needs some control. Funny, if this were about a cormorant cull or about a spring bear hunt many of us would be in favour. . Strange eh?

Just my couple of pennies worth. :blahblah1:

:clapping::rofl2::lol:

Yep, wonder how many poodles will end up on Wiley's dinner plate before the nay sayers see the light and agree the population needs some control. Funny, if this were about a cormorant cull or about a spring bear hunt many of us would be in favour. . Strange eh?

Just my couple of pennies worth. :blahblah1:

I thought the exact same thing....YEARS ago if you fished you probably hunted too....it's not like that any longer and thus many now who fish have no connection to hunting and don't like it and or don't understand it. It's sad because it part of our heritage that many liberals want to stump on because they don't approve.... stop.gif

Bob

living in windsor its common for yotes to run city streets. training my dogs i have been challenged from coyotes. at 10ft away with hunched snarling yotes its un-acceptable. i called mnr. they claim its city problem. called windsor they only do rats. called humane society. they want to tranq it . since all this nothings done. now i carry a shovel handle and m-80 fire crackers. since the hunting no trespass laws predators have exploded.. where i run my dogs home depot has instructed employees cannot lunch at the back of the building, and can not go outside at nite. these are just a sample of problems.

on a another note windsors feral cat population is way down.

The big problem with culling yotes is the more you kill, the more they breed. As long as the food source is available, they will breed more than once a season too. Sneaky buggers they are!! I shoot everyone that comes close enough for a shot!

S.

The coyote numbers will take care of themselves if the food is in decline. Then it goes the other way. That is the natural order.

Coyotes are one of the predators of raccoons, so the food supply issue is complicated.

living in windsor its common for yotes to run city streets. training my dogs i have been challenged from coyotes. at 10ft away with hunched snarling yotes its un-acceptable. i called mnr. they claim its city problem. called windsor they only do rats. called humane society. they want to tranq it . since all this nothings done. now i carry a shovel handle and m-80 fire crackers. since the hunting no trespass laws predators have exploded.. where i run my dogs home depot has instructed employees cannot lunch at the back of the building, and can not go outside at nite. these are just a sample of problems.

on a another note windsors feral cat population is way down.

I hear ya! I've been followed on morn jogs, but never challenged. My dogs are a good size 50/60 lbs. But I do carry Pepper spray :)

I thought the exact same thing....YEARS ago if you fished you probably hunted too....it's not like that any longer and thus many now who fish have no connection to hunting and don't like it and or don't understand it. It's sad because it part of our heritage that many liberals want to

stump on because they don't approve....

stop.gif

Bob

Amen to that Bob...Liberals are slowly trying to make hunters feel ashamed of being hunters.

View PostBilly Bob, on 05 March 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

I thought the exact same thing....YEARS ago if you fished you probably hunted too....it's not like that any longer and thus many now who fish have no connection to hunting and don't like it and or don't understand it. It's sad because it part of our heritage that many liberals want to

stump on because they don't approve....

Posted Image

Bob

Amen to that Bob...Liberals are slowly trying to make hunters feel ashamed of being hunters.

Ditto....

back now / pollitics have no place here! protect the investment of all those that abide by the rules and pay for it! (hunters) if coytes are left unchecked than there will be nothing left . thry are stong tough and at the top of the food chain in central ontario. having said that i would mutch prefer to see a courger over a coyte!

Interesting read.

I know people that hunt Coyotes, can get several a season.

They run large hounds with tracking collars, etc.. The dogs get about half. It's sure a different hunt.

Sure are some miles put on, and chases can last hours.

Edited by nofish4me