Tyler event

misfish

Man has this event taken off. So many people showed up and the donations were mind blowing.

I decided to hook up with the chevy guiding service,as I havent been out enough to know where the go to spots were.When I find out the details of our travel,I said,this is going to be fun. :whistling:

Plan was to travel accross the bay ,get on lake shore,then get back on the ice and travel north. I wasnt leading,so ok,lets do it.

Just as we approach Snake,we hit out first crack.Chevy checks it out and pick a point to cross.He goes first.Bit of a drop but made it. Ok my turn.Hi ho away I go. Piece of cake. :w00t:

Get to the off ramp,get to our on ramp. A song came to me right away, as Chevy went down the hill.A chev got stuck,the ford was smart and took the packed down path. :rofl2::tease: Pull chevy out,well not me,another chevy.And we were off. Some vid of some of the ice road travel. I havent driven on the ice like this in years.Had a blast.Sorta.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf"'>http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvidmg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv731%2Fmisfish%2F20110225_02.mp4">

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvidmg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv731%2Fmisfish%2F20110225_03.mp4">

We made two stops.Both produced fish. The second stop finaly produced my first whitie of the year and a team entry. :thumbsup_anim:

20110225_04.jpg

20110225_05.jpg

Andy,yer right,they pick it up from the side.As you can see,the side hook is right in the snout. :good:

Todays company was great to be with as always.

LADY WALLEYE and her grand children.

20110226_06.jpg

Our guide for the day Chuckster,big chevy.

20110226_07.jpg

12 pm we pack up and Chevy and I head right down the middle of the lake.That was a great drive. The odd drift was hit,but I had no issues as Chevy was breaking the path. :good:

Once we got over the crack at Snake,I thought I would try the lead,but Chevy thought we were at Daytona and had a bit of a race going on.Fun til I started to go sideway. I was drifting, thats my story. :angel:

Got to the landing area and WOW :w00t: what a crowd.

20110226_08.jpg

Jose and his daughter.

20110226_09.jpg

Then it was auction time.Some northern redneck was there trying to sell his body,but there were no bids.CAN YOU ACUALLY BELIEVE HE WAS STARTING THE BID AT 50 CENTS. :rofl2::devil:

Was great to see you Boss.Nice FLIPPERS.

20110226_10.jpg

I bidded on the spiel rod,but the other guy wanted it more Nice snag Kickingfrog.Very nice work Chris. :good:

Seen so many older members of the board that I havent seen in sometime. A little older,greyer,but all in great spirits.

Sorry to hear Beanzies couldnt make it.Missed you out there my friend.

Met Bruce,ChrisK,and the big guy Slowpoke,Hoppy so many to mention.

Ah there was Fishfarmer. I walked up to him and says,I knowz u,yes me son I knowz ya buddie,I knowz yer mudder to.Thats was funny to see the look on his face.LOL

Great day to be out with friend and for a great cause.

Ok talk more later when the rest put up thier report.

Oh TJ,sry you have to wait til 9 to have a cold one.This one is going down just fine. :tease:

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT DONATED AND SHOWED THIER SUPPORT.

:clapping::thumbsup_anim::clapping::thumbsup_anim::clapping::canadian:

Edited by Misfish

Great time just about covers the whole event,I know that our crew was havin' a great time,and to see all the happy faces at the park,just makes me think that we weren't the only ones......Very glad to see some of my old friends and just as glad to meet my new ones as well.Misfish covered the day in his report ,so not much more to add.Thx. again to everyone that helped out and to all those who showed up.Great report Misfish and remember the season ain't over yet....Call me bud....TC and tight lines all..Chuck...

Good weather and a good turnout. Big Cliff and I had a great morning chasing perch...and...herring. Don't know how many herring we caught, but it was lots. If the season ever reopens Cliff & I know one spot that is idiot proof for catching as many as you could want :thumbsup_anim:

Had a good visit with many while I enjoyed some burgers and dogs and then a coffee and I was on my way home.

Thx again for a good day on the water Cliff.

Seen so many older members of the board that I havent seen in sometime. A little older,greyer,but all in great spirits.

Sorry to hear Beanzies couldnt make it.Missed you out there my friend.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT DONATED AND SHOWED THIER SUPPORT.

:clapping::thumbsup_anim::clapping::thumbsup_anim::clapping::canadian:

I was there with you in spirit me son...This damn gout I've been afflicted with has curtailed most of my outdoor activities this winter...glad to hear you had a great time at "Slyville"???...and that the Tyler Event was a resounding success again !!!

You guys are nuts driving that fast on ice :w00t: Glad you all made it back safe :):good:

Thanks for sharing B!!! Looks like a fun event B)

If the darn Chevy would of had balls,we would of made it to mach speeds. I had to hold the riens back on the ford horses :tease:

I had no idea who I was bidding against for the rod.

See, I win. My wifes not yelling at me.LOL

Edited by Misfish

Oh TJ,sry you have to wait til 9 to have a cold one.This one is going down just fine.

Glug glug glug... im home bring on the UFC!! Thanks all ill have a post tomorrow.. Im having a beer and cleaning Joeys FISH... BO YA!!!

Ah there was Fishfarmer. I walked up to him and says,I knowz u,yes me son I knowz ya buddie,I knowz yer mudder to.Thats was funny to see the look on his face.LOL

Was great to finely meet you Bro, shame we couldn't of fished together for the day, we would've had a lot of laughs.

Also was nice to meet Chuck. Ah maybe a nudder day :good:

Then it was auction time.Some northern redneck was there trying to sell his body,but there were no bids.CAN YOU ACUALLY BELIEVE HE WAS STARTING THE BID AT 50 CENTS. :rofl2::devil:

I have feelings you know.... LOL never did get a bid...

LOL.. Actually a lady came up and bought one of the chairs, and I bought one for my office.. they were NICE chairs. It went really well as far as Im concerned, mission accomplished!

yah it was my first time out to a derby...and really only my 4th time ice fishing. Going back to Simcoe this coming Saturday, will check out the MS derby on simcoe, but don't think I will be joining it. Overheard a few good tips like what FOW the fish were in and a few general spots. Now just need to get some tips on lures for whities/trout. Also have to pray that the weather stays cool enough and that there is no snowfall this week so I can still drive my Mazda3 to a spot on the ice

Here's hoping, right?