New Fishing Buddies Needed...

irishfield

Work is getting in the way for the usual clowns guys and this will be the third time this winter that I've tried to go North to check the camp and do some ice fishing and everyone is unavailable for a boys trip. This time I'm going with or without them!

What I'm looking for is a few guys, that have their own sleds and towable huts, that can get away from next Wednesday the 23rd until either Sunday afternoon or Monday the 28th.

As this is our summer home, that we've worked hard to renovate over the last 6 years, I'm looking for some responsible lads that can respect their surroundings. I'm not looking for any uncontrollable booze hounds... but we aren't running a Christian Bible camp either! :whistling: This is my short escape from reality... it's gonna be enjoyable and relaxing.

We'd be fishing Lake Temagami for sure and pending conditions a few back lakes as well. One a stocked Brookie lake if there's enough snow to get in, if not we turn around out of there and head into Kokoko. There'll be at least one other small group of members up there at the same time, staying on Bear Island, that I've already made arrangements to meet up with if I was going alone, so it'll be a mini meet and greet as well.

So if there are any lads here that would like to take me up on this offer, I have room for one guy and his sled and hut in my enclosed trailer for the trip up Wednesday morning.

Feb15to22nd2010002.jpg

Me leaving from Penetanguishene.. you load here or I can pick you up on the way (12 to 11 or 12/69/124/11). Any others would have to find their way to Temagami themselves and note we can drive right to my dock and I have our neighbour plowing me a parking lot.

For those that care.. I'm 48 and the usual gang stretches from their late 30's to mid 50's. That said when we all have the same interest, fishing, age isn't a big deal, but see paragraph 3 again.

Generally one guy buys the groceries (to negate repetition) and everyone pitches in for their share.....and the usual gang always gives me a "by" since I provide the accoms/heat/hydro. Beverages/snacks and any special "wants" are your own responsibilties. For any that are interested to go, we can work that all out when the time comes as the joint grocery thing may not work for a new gang.

Space is limited to about 4 guys, 5 max. If you are interested and can do such a trip.. please PM me and we'll work out the details. I'm not currently at home... so I'll do my best to communicate as necessary.

Wayne

Feb15to22nd2010026.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Boss won't know Geoff.. he's a "can't go" as well.. lol

:rofl2::rofl2:

I would love to, but no sled for 1 and I have family here all weekend for a hockey tourney this weekend Wayne. Who said family day won't wreck my fishing time... :glare:

This is a trip Im sad I cant make. I have never had a year like this where I cant hook up with my buddy Wayne or maybe I'm an ex fishing buddy now :whistling::whistling: lol

Now if you have a love for fishing and want a get away jump at this chance. The fishing is good and the company even better. If you do go, I'll even share where 43LB walter is sitting waiting.

Yes Dave.. next Wednesday thru Sunday or Monday.... and why I decided to post tonight, to give guys Friday to talk to bosses if necessary.

(thanks for questioning that.. just realized I put the 25th.. edited now.. minds not all here)

Edited by irishfield

im the guy on bear island so you can count on me wayne.. :thumbsup_anim: .. This "cant come" do to work stuff or "wife wont let me go" crap is starting to become sickning :wallbash: I had to make up an escape for one of the guys comming up with me this trip.. His wife was giving him a hard time about going up due to the new baby who is now 1 and lots of work .. So here was the plan to get him to come..for the last month or so our buddy was telling the wife he was feeling stressed with work and feeling kinda down also, he moped around the house and acted like he was in a bad way.. this is where i come in . i phoned his wife one evening made some small chat and eventually asked her if she had noticed my buddy acting in a funny way.. she said yes she did notice that my buddy was kinda down, i then mentioned to her that maybe a little break might help to cheer him up and she kinda agreed, so guess who is comming again this year yup thats right John my buddy.. so you see if you wanna go you can find ways to go..For the ladies reading this, yes we will do almost anything to go fishing with the guys..for the guys reading this get out there take a few days off find a way. call me if you need help :rofl2:

Edited by walleyemaster

For the ladies reading this, yes we will do almost anything to go fishing with the guys..:rofl2:

Well in our house it would go something like this:

"Hon, I'm going fishing with the guys for a week."

And I would say:

"Okay, have fun"

And I would say:

"Okay, have fun"

this actually brought tears to my eys.. yes a real woman.. thats why i still love mine she says the same thing to me, we are lucky to have wives that understand this.. your awsome Joey

:lol::lol: Thanks guys, and Wayne, Paul or I would have loved to go, but as you know already have a trip planned in two weeks, so sorry, but next time you can go, a quick text would set the ball rolling :thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like you've got some takers and I hope you can get up there and relax and de-stress a bit hon!!!

LOL Dara.. I have to make it up as I go along these days. Had to wait 'till "chemo kid" passed her blood test, was admitted and wait to find out if there was any schedule changes or surgery plans.

ahhh yes...best wishes with that working out well too Wayne

And I would say:

"Okay, have fun"

Thats pretty much how it is here too Joey

Again bud, sorry I can't. You know I wanted to try and get together this year but the offer came a little late in the game. Understandable given your circumstances. I can't break other committments now. Answered ya quick the other night as I had Stevie Zebco down from Moose Factory and we were scheming some fun.

Have a blast bud.

And any fence sitters oughtta know... Wayne is the man! Great host, great guy, with a great pad on the big lake of Temagami.