I'm on T.V.!!

tonyb

I was fortunate enough to be able to film an episode with Aaron for his show Getting Hooked with Aaron and Barry for Niagara River Steelies! You can catch it on OLN this Sunday at 8:30am or 10:30am and then available online on their website after that.

If you haven't experienced drift fishing from a boat for Steelhead on the Niagara, you won't want to miss this episode. We cover a lot of the basics and even manage to catch some fish. The fish were quite acrobatic that day but I am not sure how much of that the cameraman caught on film as I would imagine it is difficult to capture those first leaps when you hook a fresh Steelie.

I also caught my biggest steelhead of the year, twice in the same day! The biggest one came near the end of the show on a double-header, what a hog!

Hopefully I don't look like too much of an ass on T.V. :lol:

Check it out

1030515mediumup7.jpg

Tony

Edited by tonyb

Nice fish Tony, and I am sure you will not be an ass on the show, you will be like any other angler enjoying the spoils of a successful fishing trip. Hope I am at home when it is on, my vcr's are shot, so I cannot record it, and I may be out fishing when it is aired.

Guess my best option is Getting Hooked net, and downloading it, if I remember to do so, lol.

You seem to know your stuff Tony.....I enjoyed the show and the tips, wish it was more recent,as I am planning to go out next week for my first try at them. Will let you know how I made out, the guys I am going with have caught them before. :)

I am watching it right now, missed the earlier broadcast, I was still sleeping from fishing yesterday, lol.

WAY TO GO TONYB!!

You definately were enjoying yourself.

Give yourself a pat on the back.

p.s. you will notice my highlighted colour is GREEN, cause I am envious, :lol:

And, youse guys are gonna just release the little 8 lb'r first :lol:lol before getting the other one out of the net.

Are your arms still sore?

Nice tip on identification, so many people do not know how to identify fish, regardless of combined limits.

AND, you got to give some tips on baits and presentations in this episode.

You sounded like a natural born fishing show host, even though you were the guest.

Did I say yet that I am envious?