LAKEFRONT LOT!!!!

bassassin

I figure I would throw this out there and see what happens.....

Anyone on this fine board have or know someone who has a lake front lot that they would like to sell?

Here's what I'm looking for:

Within 3.5 hours of Mississauga

at least 100' of water frontage

nothing less than 3/4 of an acre

a descent size lake where my 17' mckee craft wouldn't be overkill for

good fishing since that's what its all about!

Oh yeah my budget is roughly 100K + -

C'mon help a brother out!!

Thanks for reading

Edited by bassassin

Checked out noto.net there is some descent stuff but mostly lodges, im just looking for the lot!

I have been checking kijiji and mls and there is stuff out there just not what im looking for! But i know my budget is fair up to 115k if i have too thats plenty of scratch for a chunk of land with nothing on it..

any help is greatly appreciated. Till then i'll just keep my eyes peeled and keep looking!!

ya but on what body of water?

as long as the body of water isnt too small other than that im not too picky also im looking everywhere from parry sound north to sundridge/southriver to frontenac so im keeping my options as open as possible. i have a 17' Mckee Craft im bringing back from the dead with a 115 evinrude on the back that i want to use on the lake so i guess the lake cant be too small!!!

Thanks,

I wish you luck.. it'll be a needle in a haystack!

Here's one..

http://www.cottagelink.com/cottlink/ontario/on3/on31482.html

Thanks, this ones been on the market for a while, its definitly nice the lake is a touch small but sure is pretty! i googled the directions and it comes in at over 4.5 hours from mississauga with a 18month old i dread that kind of drive! 3.5 hours would be bad enough. I want this to happen sooner rather than later i want my baby and future baby/babies to enjoy spending time there with their old man, before you know it they'll be teenagers and they wont dig hanging out with their dad anymore :(

Edited by bassassin

I'm guessin you're gonna have to drive that extra hour if you want anything in the 100k range on waterfront. I know of 4 x 2 to 3 acre lots on road access Cassels Lake in Temagami, for $105k + gst... but the Municipalities Planning department would have you in a mental institute before you're done. 50 foot set back from lake.. no this.. no that.. viewing corridor only thru the trees.. etc.

You might consider expanding your drive time a bit and looking up the Parry Sound to Sudbury corridor...Key River, Pickeral River system, French River. Highway will be expanded to four lanes over subsequent years which will make the drive easier.

Tip from one who's been there....make sure a septic system can be approved for any prospective lot before purchasing.

The "tear-down" cottage next to us on Upper Buckhorn sold five years ago for $200,000. These aren't big lots, about 75'-80' of frontage, 1/4 acre in total.

The cottage is long gone now, replaced by a $500,000 house.

You might consider expanding your drive time a bit and looking up the Parry Sound to Sudbury corridor...Key River, Pickeral River system, French River. Highway will be expanded to four lanes over subsequent years which will make the drive easier.

Tip from one who's been there....make sure a septic system can be approved for any prospective lot before purchasing.

Thanks for the tip!

i know different municipalities are becoming more and more of a pain in regards to developing lakefront!

im not looking in the kawarthas ive relegated myself to accepting the fact that anything within 2 hours of my house is out of my price range!

thanks for all the helpful advice so far!

Sorry,I can't help with your search that close to The GTA,but just by comparison,My parents have a 4 season lakeside home,3 br,fully finished basement,big garage,fully landscaped lot,new septic etc etc.Asking price $219,000.

I guess living in NWO has some advantages. :thumbsup_anim:

I figure I would throw this out there and see what happens.....

Anyone on this fine board have or know someone who has a lake front lot that they would like to sell?

Here's what I'm looking for:

Within 3.5 hours of Mississauga

at least 100' of water frontage

nothing less than 3/4 of an acre

a descent size lake where my 17' mckee craft wouldn't be overkill for

good fishing since that's what its all about!

Oh yeah my budget is roughly 100K + -

C'mon help a brother out!!

Thanks for reading

if I may suggest something having been through this process a few years back ....

I had been searching for a waterfront lot for years, but was not ready to commit the cash ...

when i was ready and narrowed down the area i wanted to be in, i hooked up with a real estate agent in the that area and told them what i wanted (price range) and just waited, almost a year later the agent sent me a listing and we had to act quick ... like within days of the listing

made the deal and never looked back... no cottage yet ... but thats the next phase ... if its a decent listing they never last long on the market ... thats why you really need an agent keeping an eye out for you , otherwise they get scooped up ....

2 years ago a waterfront lot came up for 50K in the Haliburton area... 13 acres and 200ft frontage but on a small no motor boat lake, i forwarded it to my friend however it was sold within days ... I think having an agent on your side really helps (it doesn't cost you anything) ... you may just get lucky

all the best and good luck on your search !!!!