• Salmon/Trout
    • Pike
    • Bass
    • Crappie
    • Perch
    • musky
    • Walleye
    • I don't use minnows

LOL my answer was to complicated. In canada I bought them from local bait stores or caught them myself from the body of water I was fishing. I did release them into the body of water I was fishing.

I don`t fish for salmon, steelhead are a side effect most of the time. I have used live minnows for just about everything, but not often for almost 20 years.

If you just pick "No" it crashes and tells you that you do not know how to use this feature. lol

You apparently need to make other choices, but if your answer is "No" it doesn't make sense to pick any of the other options.

Charles

Im no computer geek,someone fix that.

Charles you mean you dont have a little live well stashed away on that rocket of yers.How do you catch yer bass?L M A O L O L

Now it will work...you set up a string of polls that needed each other to work properly. Someone only selecting 'No' gave them no other reason to participate and that crashed the logic. By adding 'I don't use bait' allowed them to participate in all the polls as needed.

NEVER back in the lake...as you don't know where they came from if you bought them...and why it's ILLEGAL to dump bait in the lake. Even when I catch my own minnows at the lake, if I'm done fishing they go in Leah's garden in front of the cottage.

Ok Rick how can we tell how many people use live bait..i would like to copy this and take it to the next Bait meeting and it's alote easyer if it shows how many people use live bait and how many don't ...

Edited by Fishmaster

Fishmaster,

So far of the people that responded (16), 3 have responded that they don't use minnows. So you have a general idea of the percentage.

Of course, the title of the poll makes it less likely that non-live bait users will bother to participate in the poll, but you should get a general idea for your meeting.

Good luck,

Charles

Guest mistyriver1

Dump em at the side of the road or try and find someone to give em to.

Brian, it didn't specify but I picked more than one fish (walleye and perch) if I do use minnows (getting less and less all the time).

One the question of left over minnows, although I would not change the poll a third time the first answer of throw them back into the lake doesn't allow for self trapped or purchased. Since we trap 95% of all our own minnows from the body of water we are fishing, yes I throw them back into the lake. That being said if I purchased them from a dealer any remaining go on my bird feeder or are simply discarded in the bush...never in the lake.

Bly and I rarely use minnows...truth be known, we have never caught anything with them! We could be fishing with 6 other ppl, all using minnows fishing for small walleye...others are catching them and not even a sniff for us. We also used them ice fishing.....again nada!! We are minnow inept I think...or we have the vocal ones...telling the bigger fish to stay away...haha.

We do well catching walleye with artificials...mostly crankbaits, so we'll continue to use those I think.

Fish master I hope this poll does help you out.

Gary,if I buy them local it dosent really mean they are from Simcoe as there has been years the locals will go to Erie to get them.

We have had good runs here ,the past few years.

although I voted that I dumped them in the lake, it was the closest thing to what I do, because I keep them in my minnow bucket for use the next day when I return to my fishing adventures. Maybe there should be a selection that allows for keeping them alive for future use.

In canada I bought them from local bait stores or caught them myself from the body of water I was fishing.

Paul, FYI, it is illegal for non residents to trap minnows in Ont. Not attacking you here, just wanted to let you and other non residents know to avoid possible trouble down the road.

Furthermore, residents are only permittied to possess 10 dozen minnows per valid licence at any time. Your traps must also be labeled with your name.

Something to think about.