Live Target Lures

mark02

What's your experience with Live Target lures? Some of the finishes look great. I noticed that Dave Mercer was throwing a Live Target frog on his show. I'm hoping he didn't leave Rapala. Just last year they came up with a Dave Mercer sexy-shad colour.

i own several models of them. blueback herring, perch in various sizes, crawfish crank, crawfish trap, shad crank, shiner trap. they are all phenominal baits, i cant wait to get the frog and the walk the frog bait. as well as a few others. but they are hands down great baits.

and i believe dave is still with rapala. u can have more then one sponsor lol.

What's your experience with Live Target lures? Some of the finishes look great. I noticed that Dave Mercer was throwing a Live Target frog on his show. I'm hoping he didn't leave Rapala. Just last year they came up with a Dave Mercer sexy-shad colour.

Why would you care if he left Rapala or not? If Mercer left Rapala would the taildancer cease to catch fish? Would Targets catch more if he joined them? I like Mercer as much as the next guy but jesus. If he left Fuji to join Canon would Fuji's cameras go downhill and Canon finally make it over the top? None of this makes sense.

The fishing industry is really irritating this way. An entire show that is a commercial interupted by commercials. After you get back from commercial break Angelo is going to tell you a heartfelt testimonial about coleman stoves. AWESOME.

Rant over. Forgive me. A pet peeve of mine. That and of course the "pro staff".

I've fished with the two of you. That's my six degrees of separation.

That being said, I'm sure it would be a curious web of connections to see who has fished with whom (?) on the board. :Gonefishing:

It was a pleasure fishing with Rob. I would suggest it to anyone.

Hey Rob. If you think I have forgotten the 6-5 or 5-4 powerplay argument you are sadly mistaken. 5-4 all the way baby!!!!

Cheers buddy the honour was all mine.

I am pretty sure Dave Mercer has left Rapala. The only reason I say this is because I have his book and in his book there are no rapalas but tons of LiveTarget stuff. I also saw at his book signing at BPS that it was a Live Target booth and during the signing they were offering deals on Live Target lures.

Dave is however in the BPS master catalogue decked out in Rapala swag but I am willing to bet that catalogue was edited and had already gone to press by the time Dave inked a new deal.

Why would you care if he left Rapala or not? If Mercer left Rapala would the taildancer cease to catch fish? Would Targets catch more if he joined them? I like Mercer as much as the next guy but jesus. If he left Fuji to join Canon would Fuji's cameras go downhill and Canon finally make it over the top? None of this makes sense.

The fishing industry is really irritating this way. An entire show that is a commercial interupted by commercials. After you get back from commercial break Angelo is going to tell you a heartfelt testimonial about coleman stoves. AWESOME.

Rant agreed with! I love my fishing shows but some are a little extreme when it comes to sponsor talk, but without them there would be no fishing shows I would think...at the same time that Muskol talk makes me leave the room from Fish'n Canada...As for mercer...I'm a Extreme Angler guy haha, na I love em all

egg sack lee

think Dave's percentage / success is significnatly going to change because he changed manufacturer?

Hey Rob. If you think I have forgotten the 6-5 or 5-4 powerplay argument you are sadly mistaken. 5-4 all the way baby!!!!

LOL i remember it as well, infact me amd George were talking about it just yesterday LOL!It was a great weekend with some great company, except forr some dummy falling out of his own bassboat LMAO! :whistling:

Target lures are exceptionally fine lures. A lot of research and detail went into the development of these realistic lures. I've had great success using these lures. Grant Koppers, the inventor, has spent endless hours studying and analysing fish characteristics and habits while guiding on the Niagara River. His enthusiasm for detail and quality is well displayed in a great product.

Most/all the coaches in the nhl are on my side, the colour and play-by-play guys are on yours. :thumbsup_anim:

LOL i remember it as well, infact me amd George were talking about it just yesterday LOL!It was a great weekend with some great company, except forr some dummy falling out of his own bassboat LMAO! :whistling:

I hadn't thought of that for a while. Ya, that guy was all wet. :whistling:

I have a pretty good collection of Kooper's Live Target baits.

My opinion is they fish like swimbaits.

What I mean is they work best when you slow down the presentation.

I have caught Pike on Smelt and Perch.

Sunfish, SM and LMBass on the Baby SMBass and lots of LMBass on Crayfish, Baby LMBass, Bluegill and Pumpkin-seed.

I believe Kooper has two new frogs...One is a softbait and the other is hard.

I am also looking at the new Paycheck Frog.

Just like any company - Rapala, Lucky Craft, Megabass, whoever - some of their lures are winners, some are ho-hum. There are very few Koppers lures that I will throw before I will throw the same style bait from another company. I will always carry some of their craw traps: not for the finish, but because they have a very different vibration than any other trap I fish. For whatever reason, they rock in low light conditions.

Just like any company - Rapala, Lucky Craft, Megabass, whoever - some of their lures are winners, some are ho-hum. There are very few Koppers lures that I will throw before I will throw the same style bait from another company. I will always carry some of their craw traps: not for the finish, but because they have a very different vibration than any other trap I fish. For whatever reason, they rock in low light conditions.

Do their lipless cranks fall vertically? Or do they flutter over on their side when they fall? I have been trying to find a lipless bait that I really like, and have yet to come accross one? How good are they in grass?

Do their lipless cranks fall vertically? Or do they flutter over on their side when they fall? I have been trying to find a lipless bait that I really like, and have yet to come accross one? How good are they in grass?

They aren't a great vertical drop lipless crank: they have a tendency to spiral on the fall and can foul in their own hooks. If you want a lipless crank that is good on the drop, it's tough to beat the Aruka shad. I fish those almost like a jig with very good results.