Officer Killed in the Line of Duty

Just makes you shake your head and wonder why ? What a terrible loss. We should all be thankful there are people out there like this officer, willing to risk everything to keep us safe. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.

The Final Inspection

The Policeman stood and faced his God,which must always come to pass.He hoped his boots were shining,just as brightly as his brass."step forward now, Policeman,How shall I deal with you?Have you always turned the other cheek?To My church have you been true?"The Policeman squared his shouldersand said "No Lord, I guess I ain't,Because those who carry badges,can't always be a Saint.""I've had to work most Sundays,and at times my talk was rough...and sometimes I've been violent because the streets are awful tough.""But I never took a penny,at wasn't mine to keep...Though I worked a lot of overtimewhen the bills got just too steep.""And I never passed a cry for help,though at times I shook with fear,and sometimes, God forgive me,I wept unmanly tears.""I know I don't deserve a placeamong the people here...They never wanted me aroundexcept to calm their fears.""If you've a place for me here, Lord,it needn't be so grand.I never expected or had too much,But, if you don't, I'll understand."There was silence all around the throne,where Saints had often trod,as the Policeman waited quietlyfor the judgment of his God."Step forward now, Policeman,You've borne your burdens well.Come walk a beat on Heaven's streets,You've done your time in hell."(Author Unknown)

Edited by FishnNAutographs

The Policeman stood and faced his God,which must always come to pass.He hoped his boots were shining,just as brightly as his brass."step forward now, Policeman,How shall I deal with you?Have you always turned the other cheek?To My church have you been true?"The Policeman squared his shouldersand said "No Lord, I guess I ain't,Because those who carry badges,can't always be a Saint.""I've had to work most Sundays,and at times my talk was rough...and sometimes I've been violent because the streets are awful tough.""But I never took a penny,at wasn't mine to keep...Though I worked a lot of overtimewhen the bills got just too steep.""And I never passed a cry for help,though at times I shook with fear,and sometimes, God forgive me,I wept unmanly tears.""I know I don't deserve a placeamong the people here...They never wanted me aroundexcept to calm their fears.""If you've a place for me here, Lord,it needn't be so grand.I never expected or had too much,But, if you don't, I'll understand."There was silence all around the throne,where Saints had often trod,as the Policeman waited quietlyfor the judgment of his God."Step forward now, Policeman,You've borne your burdens well.Come walk a beat on Heaven's streets,You've done your time in hell."(Author Unknown)

that was/is great, thanks!

I tell them I love them regardless if on the job or going fishing. You just never know.

He physically put himself in danger to stop this wacko. He is truly a hero. If I was on scene, they'd still be picking up shell casings.

Edited by Harrison

They need to issue larger caliber guns to the police...

I have a friend who was on the gun squad, here in T.O. and if memory serves me well, this Officer was a friend of his. I did not recognize the name, it was a number of years ago, but when I saw his picture on the news, I knew right away that this Officer was one of my friends, friend, who I golfed with.

My sympathies go out to his family and all the members of Law enforcement...

HH

Yesterday I was heading to the airport for a business related day trip. And, like usual when I take these trips, I prayed that it wouldn't be the last time I would see my family. I heard this senseless tragedy unfold over the radio during my drive, and last night when I returned home safely it hit me pretty hard. The thought that there's a little boy who's dad wasn't going to be coming home anymore is so terribly saddening. Condolences, thoughts and prayers to the family, and to those who choose to protect and serve.