Things a guy will do on a snowy day to avoid real work!

irishfield

I guess I need to get my things ready to go soon too

first thing I need is a new battery for my ski-doo..they are not cheap..and I see they don't sell batteries by the pound

It is a good thing they don't. Watch batteries are $10 and the price would go UP from there, not down from car battery price. The consumer always gets it in the end.

I guess I need to get my things ready to go soon too

first thing I need is a new battery for my ski-doo..they are not cheap..and I see they don't sell batteries by the pound

You didn't charge it or some myth like that over the summer did you?? I parked mine after our last trip and hit the key yesterday !! Fired right up...

I'll still be in the city on Saturday Lloyd.. probably Sunday as well as we have to wait for the VON Nurse to come by and give Jen her anti-infection needle before coming home with her. We don't know yet if that happens Sat or Sunday... has to be 24 hrs after chemo ends. Hopefully we can plan something for between Christmas and New Years for that lake over yonder! Next Chemo is the 3rd..

NIce Wayne ... I normally use my old faithfuls (inside or out) from a 30" piece of welding rod with a ribberized pinch clip off a Zellers skirt holder hanger with a little bell on the tip to wake me up if I happen to nod off :) it wiggles just BEFORE the strike as the minnow tries to avoid being eaten

Edited by camillj

With the rod just resting there balanced Jon.. it allows the fish to pull the line down with minimal effort and if you're paying attention you can grab the rod and set the hook vs the static holders that swing out on the hut where the fish hits.. feels the tension and lets go without you even seeing it.

That 2 inch wide velcro isn't going anywhere Brian... it only has to balance a rod.. you're supposed to grab it when they bite! lol

OK, since you asked so nice and all. :tease:

You did a great job on the fabrication of yer rod holder bud. Now if you drilled a hole in the tube and made your holder a ,slip inside the hole and turn and clinch,you wouldnt need the velcrow and it would be a more sturdy holder. Just say,n.