You can't fix stupid

kickingfrog

Come on guys, we don't do it, don't let your friends do it either.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2876494

Driver pulls up to RIDE check while drinking a beer

Posted 12:30pm, Dec 4, 2010

Three men ran into some trouble early Saturday morning at RIDE checks in Barrie.

Barrie police say one man was charged after he drove up to the RIDE check, while consuming a beer.

Another was charged after he tried to avoid the check.

Both lost their vehicles for seven days.

A third man was handed a three day suspension after blowing a warning. Police say he also had attempted to avoid the check.

In total, officers checked 300 vehicles.

Well I was disgruntled to drive beside a police officer all the way up 16th Avenue this morning while he chatted on his cell phone, even making several calls. Looked like some nice casual conversation with laughing etc. :wallbash::(

I guess people get tired of it's not fine for you.. but we'll do as we please Rob. I can pay attention as well as a police officer can while talking on my phone... but they can do it legally. I can probably outdrive most of them too.. but they take my truck away for doing the speeds they like to cruise the 400 at WITHOUT their lights on...

As for the open beer while pulling up to a ride check.. at least he made it easy for them to stick him in the cruiser. Some may pull up with their witts about them at 1am and say "yes officer, I've had 7 beer since 6pm... to have them say "thanks.. we've got bigger problems than that"! And YES.. that is an actual conversation.. after 18 beer! ( I won't say who)

Edited by irishfield

Well I was disgruntled to drive beside a police officer all the way up 16th Avenue this morning while he chatted on his cell phone, even making several calls. Looked like some nice casual conversation with laughing etc. :wallbash::(

Joey, read the HTA, emergency service workers including hydro, gas, utilities etc are exempt from the cell phone law while on duty....bad guys have scanners so we have to communicate another way

I guess people get tired of it's not fine for you.. but we'll do as we please Rob. I can pay attention as well as a police officer can while talking on my phone... but they can do it legally. I can probably outdrive most of them too.. but they take my truck away for doing the speeds they like to cruise the 400 at WITHOUT their lights on...

As for the open beer while pulling up to a ride check.. at least he made it easy for them to stick him in the cruiser. Some may pull up with their witts about them at 1am and say "yes officer, I've had 7 beer since 6pm... to have them say "thanks.. we've got bigger problems than that"! And YES.. that is an actual conversation.. after 18 beer! ( I won't say who)

Wow...I could see a drunk getting through a spot check because it's hard sometimes to tell because you get a 15 second interaction with no observation of their driving...but after being told that you had that much to drink and not give a road side...well that's just lazy

Joey, read the HTA, emergency service workers including hydro, gas, utilities etc are exempt from the cell phone law while on duty....bad guys have scanners so we have to communicate another way

and I guess cops can't figure out how to use bluetooth

they may be exempt..but it does not make it right........do as I say not as I do, gets tired real soon

Yeah, I agree we're told that if you're gonna use your phone use a blue tooth, or just get off the road...lead by example I guess...I avoid my cell...gives ne a reason not to answer when the wife calls lol

Or irish...it could be what's called functional alcoholism...when you drink a lot, your body gets used to functioning drunk so when an alcoholic is confronted either on the street or in his car, he may seem fine because he or she is used to having ahigh BAC...makes it tough to spot unless you give them a lot of divided attention questions or a divided attention test battery that's when they'll fall apart

and I guess cops can't figure out how to use bluetooth

they may be exempt..but it does not make it right........do as I say not as I do, gets tired real soon

My point exactly!!!

I was not trying to take away from the idiot at the ride check which was the point of your thread Kickingfrog, I was replying to a thread entited "You can't fix stupid."

Edited by Joey