Did anyone go to the Outdoor Canada Show ?

I'mHooked

Hey,

I made my way up there on Saturday looking for hunting and fishing deals. There was minimal hunting and very minimal fishing stuff there. Like 30 minutes I vieiwed the entire area.

The home and cottage area on the other hand was huge and of course I had no interest in that jazz.

I am looking forward to the fishing show in February or March that is a good show.

Chad

When will we get a true, fishing and hunting show?

No sham wow, and you can cut a beer can with this knife,swifer this will ya. Who cares about that crap at a hunting/fishing show?

Guns,rods,lures,ammo,decoys,hands on shooting of guns and bows.A large pool for those that wish to try casting different reels and rods (seeing if the feel fits you,or if a bait caster is for you). Seeing the actions of baits in the water. Shooting exbits of target shooting. What ever happen to that fish tank they use to cast in?Oh theres got to be boats too,ATVS,argos,all that sportsmens stuff.

I remember all this from the old days of the sportsmen show.That was a show and entertaining.

Edited by BrianB

On the plus side Gord was there, Dave Mercer, Bob Izumi, etc.

The only problem was I went for 9 am sharp and at 9:45 I was ready to leave and the boys were not taking stage until 1 I believe.

Just my luck.

Could have been worth it just to be able to shoot the breeze with some of these guys. To bad sounds like it wasn't up to snuff for the avid angler.

It was the first year I guess. Maybe it'll be better next year. :dunno:

Just leaves more looking forward to February! :clapping:

When will we get a true, fishing and hunting show?

No sham wow, and you can cut a beer can with this knife,swifer this will ya. Who cares about that crap at a hunting/fishing show?

Guns,rods,lures,ammo,decoys,hands on shooting of guns and bows.A large pool for those that wish to try casting different reels and rods (seeing if the feel fits you,or if a bait caster is for you). Seeing the actions of baits in the water. Shooting exbits of target shooting. What ever happen to that fish tank they use to cast in?Oh theres got to be boats too,ATVS,argos,all that sportsmens stuff.

That happens at my place every weekend in the summer Brian. :D

I heard that Pyzer was going to be there, and that was my motivation for going....but I had to help my parents get stuff put away for the winter, and there was the potential for some fishing, so I headed north. Unfortunately, the ice was covered in slush too thick to really do anything with the boat....and by the time chores were done, it was too dark to be poking around tribs on the way home. rolleyes.gif Ah well....there's always next year!

Guess I should of excepted the invite up then by G and yerself. :wallbash::wallbash:

G why didnt you tell me about this? :whistling::lol:

Come on guys... what happens on Nipissing, stays on Nipissing! Why do you think that those 3 or 4 weekends per year are SO important to those of us fortunate enough to be there.

Well, that and Bernie's cooking!

And don't forget the Geisler Island rendition of Brown Eyed Girl!

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Didn't see any reports on this 'mega' show. :dunno:

Did anyone go? What's the feedback?

I heard Gord Pyzer was going to be there. How was it from a fishing pont of view? Did anyone find any decent deals?

We had a booth with our Off the Dock toons stuff at this show. From our point of veiw it was a huge success! :thumbsup_anim:

In addition we were close to the main stage where I could take in some of the seminars. Gord and Ken are great speakers and Lawren shared very in-depth knowledge on sonars.

We will be back next year!

BrianB, I brought my gloves and helmet Friday, but someone was a no show!! :D

Edited by Harrison

I was there on the Friday. The outdoor portion of the show was very small. Hopefully it will only get better. The cottage life was the biggest part of the show, and only interesting if you had a cottage & a lot of cash. I didn't even see the travel part of the show. The woodworking show had a few booths missing, but was the busiest of the shows there. It's the first time for all these shows in one place and the price was reasonable. Hopefully it will get better as time goes by. I'd give it 1-1/2(maybe 2 tops)out of 5.

I did not even know about it either where was it?

We don't get much for shows here in SW Ontario the Chatham spotsman show and London Fishing show are about all there is. We need good motivation to head to shows in the GTA like great deals or big name speakers or the best one OFC GTG's.

There is a all musky show on April 9th 2011 - St. Catharines, Ontario its hosted by Muskies Canada with some great speakers of the musky world along with a lot of bait makers artists with there carvings and paintings custom rod holders and safety gear. There will be lots of great people to visit and chat with this has always been a great show and is only every other year so if your just getting into musky fishing or have been a avid musky hunter for years it will be a great time to get away.

here is a link to the MCI site for all vendors and speakers

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/general_information/odyssey.php

Cheers Mike