freakin leafs....

uglyfish

Ke$$el has one more goal than Kostisyn of the Habs but Toronto has 12 fewer points than Montreal. Teams win games, Ke$$els don't. And don't worry, the only reason they don't boo Komi in Toronto is that with the Leafs defence he doesn't look that bad in comparison. Last time I looked Montreal, Boston & Calgary were all ahead of the Leafs in the standings with only two teams in the league with fewer wins than Toronto. The Leafs will finish higher than last year...probably 28th because the Oilers and the Islanders are so terrible. The upside for them is they will get high draft picks next year and Burke will sign more undrafted college players you've never heard of.

I am sure you can try spin it any way you want but in the end Kessel is a good player and on the right team a great goal scorer.Teams are made up of "Kessels"so yes Kessels DO win games.How does the fact that they dont boo Komi in T.O and the Leafs defence sucks prove Montreal was glad to see him go??

Oh and as Leaf fans we do see scores,know stats and standings as well.So next time you get the urge to tell us the Leafs suck WE ALREADY KNOW .

Guest Johnny Bass

Hey Johnny, Verbeek doesn't play for the Leafs, he's retired.

Can you leaf fans now see why there were no tears cried by Boston, Montreal and Calgary fans when Ke$$el, Komi, and Phanuef left town? Best part is Burke can't trade anyone he has aquired because that would be like admitting he made a mistake. Kaberle will just play out this season and not wave his no-trade so the Leafs will get nothing for him. He'll return to all-star form wherever he goes next year.

Yes I know. Its the second time I did that. And it is the second time I have been corrected but you know who I'm talking about.

Kessel is doing OK. He seems to be changing up his game. How is that draft pick working out for Boston? :clapping:

Komi has been by far our second best defesemen.

Phaneuf? I dont know if he is trying to hard or what but he has not played great at all....He's still got a great one timer.

I think Kaberle is playing crap on purpose because he hears the rumors. Sundin waved His no trade clause to play for Vancouver so you never know.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Yes I know. Its the second time I did that. And it is the second time I have been corrected but you know who I'm talking about.

Kessel is doing OK. He seems to be changing up his game. How is that draft pick working out for Boston? clapping.gif

Komi has been by far our second best defesemen.

Phaneuf? I dont know if he is trying to hard or what but he has not played great at all....He's still got a great one timer.

I think Kaberle is playing crap on purpose because he hears the rumors. Sundin waved His no trade clause to play for Vancouver so you never know.

Agreed I think Phaneuf is trying to leave his mark offensively and he should be concentrating on the defensive side of things first.I have to laugh though when the Leaf bashers start on phaneuf.They seem to forget what we got rid of to get him not to mention the others that came our way.

Sundin waved His no trade clause to play for Vancouver so you never know.

No he didn't. He played out is entire contract with the Leafs and became a free agent when his contract expired. He then signed with Vancouver as a free agent. That is why they didn't get anything for him.

I'm not trying to mean, but all this discussion. arguing, and disappointment in the leafs(over the last 40 something years) can all be fixed within a year or two.

Stop supporting them! Stop buying their merchandise, stop watching their games. Maybe when the money stops coming in the money will go out to get a better team and bring you all back.

Just my 2 cents.

Guest Johnny Bass

No he didn't. He played out is entire contract with the Leafs and became a free agent when his contract expired. He then signed with Vancouver as a free agent. That is why they didn't get anything for him.

Oh that's right. You can tell I haven't watched hockey in a while. But I'm back on the wagon! Kaberle's no trade clause ended no??Here is what I read.

Ultimately, he signed a contract with the Leafs securing his services through 2005–06. On February 11, 2006, Tomáš Kaberle was re-signed to a five-year contract extension worth $21.25 million with a no-trade clause for the first three years of the contract, effective July 1, 2006. This deal locked him in until the end of the 2010–11 NHL season.

The no trade clause seems to only be for the first three years and his contract ends this year....They should have traded him right after his 3 years were up. He had great market value.

The no trade had an open window which has since closed. Burke tried hard to get twice as much as Kaberle is worth during that open window but wouldn't pull the trigger on any offers he had.

Those draft picks are fine. Tyler Knight is playing great in the juniors and Seguin, who hasn't turned 19 yet, has 8pts at $900,000 compared to Ke$$el's 14pts at $6,000,000. Plus we still have the lottery 1st round pick the Leafs will give us next summer. Ke$$el's 10 goals aren't that impressive when you remember he is also a -4.

Per numerous Twitter updates, Joey Crabb, who leads the AHL Marlies with 23 points(9 goals, 14 assists) has been called up for tonight's game vs the Tampa Bay Lightning. Crabb will be placed on the second line with Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin

Keith aulie steps back into tge lineup tonite while brett lebda sits out. John mitchell will also be a healthy scratch. he is the best marlie...i have watched 4 or 5 marlie games...he looks good,,,in the ahl.. Go Leafs Go!

lineups for tonite!

MacArthur Kadri Kessel

Crabb Grabovski Kulemin

Sjostrom Bozak Versteeg

Orr Brent Brown