Change at the top for the Leafs

kickingfrog

Right now I think they have to change the coaching staff, these guys were on fire preseason and into the season, when Wilson calls them out in the press all the time, they lay down and i don t blame them, call them out in the room or in private,not air it in public,and now it is catching up with him.Guys are standing around watching the the ops move the puck nicely.Thought it was going to be a blessing with Panuef out,but i guess not.

As A die hard Leaf fan, it's tough to watch.

I actually shut the game off after the first period last night, that's new for me. I'm also thinking that they are shutting the coach's rants out of their heads. He just isn't working out in my books. I know he's not out on the ice, but does anyone really want to play for this guy if he calls a player out in the Toronto media?

As A die hard Leaf fan, it's tough to watch.

I actually shut the game off after the first period last night, that's new for me. I'm also thinking that they are shutting the coach's rants out of their heads. He just isn't working out in my books. I know he's not out on the ice, but does anyone really want to play for this guy if he calls a player out in the Toronto media?

I think they do, Jimmer. They're playing for themselves, after all, and that next contract. Doesn't make sense for a player to shut their game down because of a coach. If anything, I wish he'd call more guys out about playing on the perimiter and being soft.

Its funny, when the men play here they don t do so well,when they get traded,they shine on other teams,has always been like that and will continue. Has to be in the management and coaching staff. But then again, ownership couldn t give a rats arse, it is sold out every game,fans here need to do like they do in Montreal, stop going,thats how results and changes happen.

Kessel needs a real #1 center.

Kessel needs to take that skirt off and grow a backbone!!!

I mean lets be real Kessel has proven that he can score 30 or so goals and total 50-60 points a year, I think you guys are kidding yourself if you think this guy is ever going to put up Crosby,Ovei,Stamkos type numbers and BTW way Macarthur,Versteeg,Armstrong are career 30-50 point guys what do you Leaf fans expect from them, all of sudden because they have a Toronto postal code they become stars?

These are all guys that other teams did not really want.

Not expecting them to become stars, just to score some goals. After all, they are getting paid as professionals. I mean really, they are on the ice every day and can't hit the net with an open shot. You don't need to be a super star to compete, just have some heart and maybe some balls.

Just very disappointed, especially since the habs fans now have more to give us the gears about.

I think they do, Jimmer. They're playing for themselves, after all, and that next contract. Doesn't make sense for a player to shut their game down because of a coach. If anything, I wish he'd call more guys out about playing on the perimiter and being soft.

I hope you're right about them not shutting down. Calling players out in the dressing room is one thing, but in the media is something else. I guess I can understand why players such as Rick Nash, Steven Stamkos or any other star signs in those obscure places that they do. I think Nash could have had it all if he wanted to play in TO, but he chose Columbus of all places to sign a long term contract.

Kessel needs to take that skirt off and grow a backbone!!!

I mean lets be real Kessel has proven that he can score 30 or so goals and total 50-60 points a year, I think you guys are kidding yourself if you think this guy is ever going to put up Crosby,Ovei,Stamkos type numbers and BTW way Macarthur,Versteeg,Armstrong are career 30-50 point guys what do you Leaf fans expect from them, all of sudden because they have a Toronto postal code they become stars?

These are all guys that other teams did not really want.

Don't know who said Kessel is going to put up Crosby numbers( other than perhaps you )but when Kessle can score 30 goals after missing the first month of the season on a young, rebuilding team, well, that's an excellent player in my book.

Edited by Mike Pike

Guest Johnny Bass

Its funny, when the men play here they don t do so well,when they get traded,they shine on other teams,has always been like that and will continue. Has to be in the management and coaching staff. But then again, ownership couldn t give a rats arse, it is sold out every game,fans here need to do like they do in Montreal, stop going,thats how results and changes happen.

You know whats really sad? Most kids I speak to these days dont even watch hockey anymore. Neither do the girls(most watch come playoff time but what playoffs?). Who wants to watch a constantly losing team?

If this keeps up? The leaf organization will really run out of fans eventually. Some heads have to roll NOW! Wilson has to go! He's had enough time and cant even get the leafs to the playoffs.

Who wants to watch a constantly losing team?If this keeps up? The leaf organization will really run out of fans eventually. Some heads have to roll NOW! Wilson has to go! He's had enough time and cant even get the leafs to the playoffs.

agreed wilson needs to go, i never thought he was a good fit...but win or lose the leafs will NEVER run out of fans, just how it is....must be all the pollutants in lake O....we're diehard fans no matter what

You know whats really sad? Most kids I speak to these days dont even watch hockey anymore. Neither do the girls(most watch come playoff time but what playoffs?). Who wants to watch a constantly losing team?

If this keeps up? The leaf organization will really run out of fans eventually. Some heads have to roll NOW! Wilson has to go! He's had enough time and cant even get the leafs to the playoffs.

I am 16 and ive been watching the leafs ever since i can remember, watching their games is like a religion to me and no matter how poor they are playing i will always bleed blue and white, they will always be my team and i will always support them no matter what. GO LEAFS GO! through thick and thin

Guest Johnny Bass

I am 16 and ive been watching the leafs ever since i can remember, watching their games is like a religion to me and no matter how poor they are playing i will always bleed blue and white, they will always be my team and i will always support them no matter what. GO LEAFS GO! through thick and thin

Its good to hear some young fans are still around. But some kids couldn't care less. I am still a leafs fan(always will be), and although it is frustrating to watch them play? Hockey is still a great sport to watch and I am enjoying watching them again. Still, there comes a time you have to draw the line. Its been at least 7 years I stopped watching the leafs. And if there were more people like me? The Maple Leafs would have been forced to make changes and we would have a Stanley cup contender by now. If something is not done this year, we should boycott them!! We better make the playoffs!

Edited by Johnny Bass